Walden D550CE

OldGuitarPlayer

• Members

Hey all you Walden fans...there is 3 year old D550CE "Natural" for sale here locally and the seller is asking $450 with the case. I feel this is a little steep considering you can buy one new on eBay for $199 + $39.75 for shipping. Is this even a good guitar? I am going to go take try and look at it today. I am interested in a used dread with a solid top...should I talk him down to $250- $300?

What say you?

OGP

• Members

Hey all you Walden fans...there is 3 year old D550CE "Natural" for sale here locally and the seller is asking $450 with the case. I feel this is a little steep considering you can buy one new on eBay for $199 + $39.75 for shipping. Is this even a good guitar? I am going to go take try and look at it today. I am interested in a used dread with a solid top...should I talk him down to $250- $300?

What say you?

OGP

That price is a bit steep for a 3 year used guitar. That model goes for ~$349.00 new including case and humidifier. That said, the 550ce I've played sound nice plugged in. Unplugged it losses just a bit of it's tone. This git has a lot volume/loud, the sound is balanced across the strings, and gives you 3 dimensional tones. My only issues I had with 550ce, I thought the bass was thin and I've noticed Walden use small frets and they're kinda flat. So, take extra care to look cuz if this guy played it a lot frets may have some wear. I would think $250.00 would be about right, no more. (IMHO)

Trina

• Members

there are 2 reviews on harmony central user reviews section. I like the reviews both for the user comments, and also because they list what they actually paid for the guitar.

It looks like the selling price is WAY off. You can get a brand new 550CE for $348 at http://www.musiclandcentral.com/wad5cuacelgu.html

I wouldnt go any more $200, and then only if it was in top shape and I really wanted it.

EDIT - Check out any of the Godin line - (A&L, S&P etc).

Archived