Anybody have a Walden?

kimona

• Members

I've got a D550 and everything you described in your 560 is the total opposite of what I see in mine. Good clean cut's, no excess glue joins, solid finish, and no flaws at all. I did have to have the action lowered, but after a string change and setup it plays really well.

Excellent instrument. Very pleased with the sound and playability. Had a couple guys say how impressed they were over it.

So each review should be a YMMV type thing, especially where we're talking manufactured items as such.

• 12 years later...
  • Members

I've owned two Walden guitars.  The D550 and a CD670.  The D550 is some species of Mahogany (Sapelle maybe) with a solid spruce top and matte finish.   I bought the D550 for $100 on ebay.  I played it for about six months and sold it for $150.  The voice just wasn't as loud as I like.  The CD 670 is African Mahogany with a solid western cedar top, high gloss finish. Aesthetically, it's quite a beautiful guitar.  My first impression was to return it because it too lacked the tonal quality that I was looking for.   After a new set up and new set of ultra light strings, she came to life.  This is a guitar that I'll keep for many years.  The only flaws that I've noticed in quality are minor finish flaws.  Structurally it is put together very well.  In hind sight, I wish that I had put a little more effort into tweaking the D550.  It was a decent guitar and an easy player.  Different strings could have made it a keeper.  Overall, Walden guitars are hard to beat for the money.

• Members
23 hours ago, Wickypicker said:

The CD 670 is African Mahogany with a solid western cedar top, high gloss finish.

Hi and welcome to the Forum. :wave: Glad you like your Walden. Dreadnoughts don't usually have cedar tops (Takamine and Seagull are a couple of exceptions) so I'll bet it has a unique voice. FWIW, you'll probably get more attention if you post in threads that aren't 12 years old.

• Members

An old, old thread. But I bought a Walden N730 classical guitar about a year ago. It's a wonderful instrument: solid cedar top, solid rosewood back, layered rosewood sides, mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard and bridge. It sold new for approx £500 but I bagged it in a pawn shop for £45 because it had a broken tuner button.

Deep joy!

Archived