Elvis presley leather guitar cover

burkedajerk88

• Members

Call your local leathercrafter or saddlemaker...likely as not, if they've been in the business very long, they'll have made a few...my late Uncle Ladd Clark, saddlemaker, made a lot of 'em back in the late '50s-early '60s...made me one for my 16th b'day, for my Aria 795...BTW, they really deaden your guitar's tone, although if you plan to use it on an a/e one, it'll be less of an issue, particularily if you play in a loud band. :idea:

• Members

I did sort of a joke thread on the Elvis Presly D-28 with the leather cover a few weeks back. At Sweetwater they're currently $9200. A regular D-28 is going for around $2200. You you're paying Martin an extra $7000 dollars for a leather cover! :eek::D I'm sure you can find a leathercrafter or saddlemaker to give you a much better deal than $7000 for a leather cover.

• Members

I think his band gave it to Elvis to kill the volume on his guitar since the guy couldn't really play anyway.

Actually, according to both of Elvis' lead guitarists (Scotty Moore and James Burton), Elvis played a decent rhythm guitar, although he primarily stuck to "cowboy chords"...listen to "That's Alright, Mama" or any other Sun single...that's him strumming out the rhythm.

• Members

Actually, according to both of Elvis' lead guitarists (Scotty Moore and James Burton), Elvis played a decent rhythm guitar, although he primarily stuck to "cowboy chords"...listen to "That's Alright, Mama" or any other Sun single...that's him strumming out the rhythm.

Yep. He sort of lost his chops later on. After hanging around so many hotshot guitarists, he fancied himself a bass player in the 60's, but he was less successful at that.

• Members

OK, cheap shot, I admit it.

It was sort of a test anyway. I wanted to prove to myself that you say anything untoward about the king, you're gonna get some push-back.

case closed.

I promise I won't do it again.

Sorry for the unprovoked attack on E.P.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Eldoradostraps.com might have something like that. As far as deadening the sound, that might be an advantage as a feedback killer onstage. Otherwise it's like plastic slip covers on furniture (trying to keep it wholesome here). While it does protect, it reduces the enjoyment...

Archived