You may like Zagers if...

totamus

• Members

I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying....
:confused:

My Ibanez is an AG086 Archtop Hollowbody Electric with Dimarzio Classic PAF Humbuckers. It is Clean sweet smooth tone with a very easy playing neck. My problem is that My Acoustic is getting all the attention leaving my Fender 51P Bass Re-Issue and Ibanez AG-86 a bit jealous right now.

http://www.fenderforum.com/userphotos/index.html?recid=51186

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do a little chet atkins type stuff, although it seems almost a sacrilege to even mention my playing in the same breath as his.

Gentlemen, buba has agreed to discuss other things than the offending brand. For what it is worth, I dont list all of my guitars either, and if I was to make a list I could easily forget one. Let us be reasonable.

• Members

Guess my playing would be beyond sacrilege then

For what it is worth, I dont list all of my guitars either

Sorry, did not know that this was criteria here. I can list my stuff, what little there is of it by comparision to others here.

• Members

One of these Gits is not like the others, one of these Gits just doesn't belong ...

Just kidding, Guy. Seriously, how do you like that AG86? I almost picked up a similar one a few months back.

The neck feels really good and easy to play. The stock pickups were ok but the Dimarzio Classic PAF tone is so much better. It is good bang for the buck ($449 stock). I put a graphtech tremsetter nut and a tonepros locking bridge with graphtech saddles. Very quiet, clean sweet tone using D'Addario 120+ Pure Nickel wound strings (.095's). It is fairly light weight being a full hollowbody electric. It is African Bubinga (laminate) wood.

• Members

So, what makes one a "Shill" as you guys love to banter around here so often?

A. Love my guitar and want the world to know it

B. Happen to get tired of all the Zager guitar crap and useless threads that are posted here

C. Wish to set people straight on a few issues that I personally disagree with.

D. Being paid by Zager to post stuff for them

E. Work For Zager

F. Related to Zager in any way

If the Answer is
A, B, or C
but not
D, E, or F
then yes I am a shill

You are used to bullying anyone that disagrees with you until you make them shut their mouths and take quietly. Rest assured I will not.

And yes, I am just stubborn enough to continue to post what I feel toward my guitar as long as I see this petty childish crap that seems to consume your lives here.

Only time will tell if you are just petty childish small minded people that are so consumed with hate that ANY thing posted to the contrary of what you say you get your panties in a wad and think "How dare him post anything to the contrary".

In addition, know that if you said anything about any other subject that I happen to disagree with I would post what I feel in that area too.

I went for almost a week reading this stupid little minded group of posts without saying a word but frankly I am sick of reading your petty little snotty remarks here.

Why don't you people get a life and post something of substance that would actually be beneficial. You have already stated what you think, over and over and over again.

Attack my family and I will come out in a vengence, keep attacking the guitar I love and you will get a reply, give it a rest and so will I.

Awesome post. Keep it up, Bubbalou.

I have read every Bubbalou post, and unless "sounding like a shill" means "liking a Zager guitar", he hasn't come across as a shill in a single post.

I think the criterion for shillhood has devolved to the point where it is: "responding in any way other than humble submission to repeated unpleasant attacks on your taste, intelligence, and/or integrity."

Even TCBronson, who posted a very reasonable response to this thread, was instantly admonished to get back in line. He liked his Zager, ended up liking another guitar more, and so he switched. Now it's god-forbid he should look like a lapsed convert.

• Members

There once was a man name Denny.

He designed a guitar that made him plenty.

To some it was a masterpiece while others a fleese.

Like powder keg on a pan of hot grease.

There are those that love them.

And those that hate.

But one things for sure It sounds good

On an amp named Crate

:thu:

Here's hoping your skill at music exceeds your skill at poetry...by a lot. :)

• Members

I do remember the Ibanez hollowbody I was looking at was really light. Too light for my tastes. On the other hand, I do like saying the word, "Bubinga."

Okay, I guess me interjecting on any guitar discussion by knowledgeable players is much like my 4 year old giving me pointers on my driving. I'm far from able to offer insight , i'll stick to questions.

B-lou, I was a little biased against your earlier posts because I had looked at Zagers when one caught my eye on Ebay, but the web site I saw just seemed like a car salesman was trying to sell me a guitar. I've never seen a Zager much rather played one, I just got a bad feeling from the site. Lately, however, I find myself reading your posts and learning from them just as I have been learning from Totamus and Hank and many others. I don't believe the anti-Zager stuff is hear to bait you, Lou, but man you can't resist biting when that stuff pops up, and sorry, but I find that amusing. All you guys just keep sharing the knowledge, and I'll try to just shut-up and learn.

"Bubinga" may be the greatest word ever.

If i'm wrong about any of this...please disregard everything I just said.

• Members

A shill is a person planted in a crowd at the old time medicine shows. After the barker claimed the wondrous properties of whatever was being sold, the shill would speak up from the crowd, endorsing the miraculous effects of the medicine being hawked.

Shills are still used today. Ebay will terminate your account if you are caught using a shill bidder to drive up your price.

An enthusiast is far different. An enthusiast speaks from his (her) conviction and experience, a shill mimics that behavior for the express purpose of influencing others to buy.

The difference is intent and honesty. An enthusiast carries his (her) enthusiasm to others by the strength of their convictions. A shill seeks to fool others into believing a product is deserving of having real enthusiasts, when in fact, it disappoints and does not yield the promised/anticipated utility.

An enthusiast shares his (her) discovery to benefit others, A shill cheats others by leading them to believe that the product worked so well that someone is enthusiastic.

Calling yourself a shill for a product, team, or anything is saying that you lie about your convictions in order to entice others into making ill-informed decisions by which you will profit.

A popular forum is a prime target for shills and they do come out.

• Members
A shill is a person planted in a crowd at the old time medicine shows. After the barker claimed the wondrous properties of whatever was being sold, the shill would speak up from the crowd, endorsing the miraculous effects of the medicine being hawked.

Shills are still used today. Ebay will terminate your account if you are caught using a shill bidder to drive up your price.

An enthusiast is far different. An enthusiast speaks from his (her) conviction and experience, a shill mimics that behavior for the express purpose of influencing others to buy.

The difference is intent and honesty. An enthusiast carries his (her) enthusiasm to others by the strength of their convictions. A shill seeks to fool others into believing a product is deserving of having real enthusiasts, when in fact, it disappoints and does not yield the promised/anticipated utility.

An enthusiast shares his (her) discovery to benefit others, A shill cheats others by leading them to believe that the product worked so well that someone is enthusiastic.

Calling yourself a shill for a product, team, or anything is saying that you lie about your convictions in order to entice others into making ill-informed decisions by which you will profit.

A popular forum is a prime target for shills and they do come out.

I'm a Martin enthusiast. An emphatic Martin enthusiast! ;)

• Members

Okay, I guess me interjecting on any guitar discussion by knowledgeable players is much like my 4 year old giving me pointers on my driving. I'm far from able to offer insight , i'll stick to questions.

B-lou, I was a little biased against your earlier posts because I had looked at Zagers when one caught my eye on Ebay, but the web site I saw just seemed like a car salesman was trying to sell me a guitar.
I've never seen a Zager much rather played one, I just got a bad feeling from the site
. Lately, however, I find myself reading your posts and learning from them just as I have been learning from Totamus and Hank and many others. I don't believe the anti-Zager stuff is hear to bait you, Lou, but man you can't resist biting when that stuff pops up, and sorry, but I find that amusing. All you guys just keep sharing the knowledge, and I'll try to just shut-up and learn.

Hi, when I first saw the word in connection with my guitar I had to ask "what on earth is Bubinga" so I "googled it" . It is a beautiful highly figured wood which lends a smoother tone I think simillar to Mahogany if I remember correctly.

We all have to go on our gut feeling which can be right at times and wrong at times.

• Members

B-lou, I was a little biased against your earlier posts because I had looked at Zagers when one caught my eye on Ebay, but the web site I saw just seemed like a car salesman was trying to sell me a guitar.
I've never seen a Zager much rather played one, I just got a bad feeling from the site
. Lately, however, I find myself reading your posts and learning from them just as I have been learning from Totamus and Hank and many others. I don't believe the anti-Zager stuff is hear to bait you, Lou, but man you can't resist biting when that stuff pops up, and sorry, but I find that amusing. All you guys just keep sharing the knowledge, and I'll try to just shut-up and learn.

Hi, when I first saw the word in connection with my guitar I had to ask "what on earth is Bubinga" so I "googled it" . It is a beautiful highly figured wood which lends a smoother tone I think simillar to Mahogany if I remember correctly.

We all have to go on our gut feeling which can be right at times and wrong at times.

• Members
Talk about entrapment. All it takes is one person's post with an unintentional hint of an imbalance toward the Zager camp and voila'...shill. This thread and all other Zager threads need to cease. They've nothing to offer except clear illustration of the workings of small minds in competition to be the smallest. Guess its time I left Zager Harmony Central to those who have become a little too privileged in their own minds. I've had enough.

Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has just left the building.

Translation: this was his second-to-last post. I was wondering what that cryptic goodbye thread was about but didn't get it until now because I'd been avoiding this thread. Now I understand. :(

• Members

Talk about entrapment. All it takes is one person's post with an unintentional hint of an imbalance toward the Zager camp and voila'...shill. This thread and all other Zager threads need to cease. They've nothing to offer except clear illustration of the workings of small minds in competition to be the smallest. Guess its time I left Zager Harmony Central to those who have become a little too privileged in their own minds. I've had enough.

Based on the number of replies and views this thread and others like it have garnered, there appears to be lots of "small minds" here.

• Members

Based on the number of replies and views this thread and others like it have garnered, there appears to be lots of "small minds" here.

You being a participant here at least twice it is interesting you should state this.

Archived