You may like Zagers if...

totamus

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You already have an Esteban and want to move up a notch... :)

Just kidding. My only beef with the Zager guitars is the notion that there's something esoteric about his so-called "String-Science" that makes his guitars worth the price premium he commands. That premium looks to be about $200, based on the price of a stock Sigma D-41 vs. a Zagerized D-41: that's a lot to pay for a set-up.

• Members

There once was a man name Denny.

He designed a guitar that made him plenty.

To some it was a masterpiece while others a fleese.

Like powder keg on a pan of hot grease.

There are those that love them.

And those that hate.

But one things for sure It sounds good

On an amp named Crate

:thu:

• Members
You already have an Esteban and want to move up a notch...
:)

Just kidding. My only beef with the Zager guitars is the notion that there's something esoteric about his so-called "String-Science" that makes his guitars worth the price premium he commands. That premium looks to be about $200, based on the price of a stock Sigma D-41 vs. a Zagerized D-41: that's a lot to pay for a set-up.

If there were awards for the best "You may like Zagers if"...

• Members

Three happy Zager owners are out walking. First one says, "Windy, isn't it?" Second one says, "No, its Thursday!" Third one says, "So am I. Let's go get a beer."

And the forth one said get yourself a Zager and shed not a tear!

• Members

It looks like we've been had. Bubbalou is indeed a Z@ger shill.

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

cute! strang cute! but no per taco

If you guys would give it a rest then so would I

I am also a Honda shill (cause I love em)

And a Jesus Shill (cause I love him too)

Oh, and an Ibanez Shill (cause have one too)

Get the picture

• Members

Talk about entrapment. All it takes is one person's post with an unintentional hint of an imbalance toward the Zager camp and voila'...shill. This thread and all other Zager threads need to cease. They've nothing to offer except clear illustration of the workings of small minds in competition to be the smallest. Guess its time I left Zager Harmony Central to those who have become a little too privileged in their own minds. I've had enough.

• Members
Talk about entrapment. All it takes is one person's post with an unintentional hint of an imbalance toward the Zager camp and voila'...shill. This thread and all other Zager threads need to cease. They've nothing to offer except clear illustration of the workings of small minds in competition to be the smallest. Guess its time I left Zager Harmony Central to those who have become a little too privileged in their own minds. I've had enough.

Cmon Cripes, I think people are just giving Bubbalou a hard time. He will tell us in due time if he is a shill or not. Until then he is welcomed here as far as I am concerned.

Everyone just needs to get their panties untangled and stop taking everything so seriously.

This is an internet forum, its our job to BS around. :thu:

• Members
Cmon Cripes, I think people are just giving Bubbalou a hard time. He will tell us in due time if he is a shill or not. Until then he is welcomed here as far as I am concerned.

Everyone just needs to get their panties untangled and stop taking everything so seriously.

This is an internet forum, its our job to BS around.
:thu:

Buba is contributing in other areas of the forum. I am starting to think he is not a shill. He does defend Denny more than you would expect, but he is also looking at other guitars.

Any legitimate guitarist, once they experience the combination of a fine guitar and a good set up, will recognize why it is that Zager guitars are all hype and no substance.

• Members
Buba is contributing in other areas of the forum. I am starting to think he is not a shill. He does defend Denny more than you would expect, but he is also looking at other guitars.

Any legitimate guitarist, once they experience the combination of a fine guitar and a good set up, will recognize why it is that Zager guitars are all hype and no substance.

:thu: Lets hope.

• Members

So, what makes one a "Shill" as you guys love to banter around here so often?

A. Love my guitar and want the world to know it

B. Happen to get tired of all the Zager guitar crap and useless threads that are posted here

C. Wish to set people straight on a few issues that I personally disagree with.

D. Being paid by Zager to post stuff for them

E. Work For Zager

F. Related to Zager in any way

If the Answer is A, B, or C but not D, E, or F then yes I am a shill

You are used to bullying anyone that disagrees with you until you make them shut their mouths and take quietly. Rest assured I will not.

And yes, I am just stubborn enough to continue to post what I feel toward my guitar as long as I see this petty childish crap that seems to consume your lives here.

Only time will tell if you are just petty childish small minded people that are so consumed with hate that ANY thing posted to the contrary of what you say you get your panties in a wad and think "How dare him post anything to the contrary".

In addition, know that if you said anything about any other subject that I happen to disagree with I would post what I feel in that area too.

I went for almost a week reading this stupid little minded group of posts without saying a word but frankly I am sick of reading your petty little snotty remarks here.

Why don't you people get a life and post something of substance that would actually be beneficial. You have already stated what you think, over and over and over again.

Attack my family and I will come out in a vengence, keep attacking the guitar I love and you will get a reply, give it a rest and so will I.

• Members

Buba,

great. Zager does, in fact, use marketing tactics that include posting on Forums and blogs. This is cheap and effective. It is also not what Blogs and Forums are intended for. We are sensitive to such commercial attacks because they are real and it gives the appearance that the Blog/Forum endorses a product that it really does not.

You seem like a great guy - First beer's on me. Your posts make you look like the shills that do use the forum for commercial purposes. generally those that promote Zagers, despite their protests to the contrary, are in fact, only posting to promote the brand. This isn't paranoia, it is what we have actually seen. Thank Denny for that, as it is his marketing.

So welcome to the board! What songs are you working on? Pick or finger style? Musical influences? Lets talk about anything other than the brand for a while. How about those Packers, eh? read any books?

• Members

Buba,

great. Zager does, in fact, use marketing tactics that include posting on Forums and blogs. This is cheap and effective. It is also not what Blogs and Forums are intended for. We are sensitive to such commercial attacks because they are real and it gives the appearance that the Blog/Forum endorses a product that it really does not.

You seem like a great guy - First beer's on me. Your posts make you look like the shills that do use the forum for commercial purposes. generally those that promote Zagers, despite their protests to the contrary, are in fact, only posting to promote the brand. This isn't paranoia, it is what we have actually seen. Thank Denny for that, as it is his marketing.

So welcome to the board! What songs are you working on? Pick or finger style? Musical influences? Lets talk about anything other than the brand for a while. How about those Packers, eh? read any books?

Thank you and I welcome that suggestion whole heartedly.

My inflluences are Chet Atkins, 60's and early 70's (mama's and the papas, Peter Paul and Mary, more mainstream classic rock too, some older country (not western or bluegrass), Instrumentals on Guitar or tenor sax (wife plays tenor sax). I am just getting into finger style but do some pick stuff too.

Any other brand of guitar, my likes are Alvarez Yari, Breedlove, some Gibsons (think they are overpriced), Martin (but find them to all look alike), Seagull, some Taylors, not sure about Epi's as I have no experience with them except for the electrics.

By Packers, if you mean Green Bay, I like them. My dad took me to the very first Dallas Cowboys/Green Bay Packers game in 1961 I believe. I was 9 then. It was at the Cotton bowl and Dallas got their butts beat by Vince Lombardi and company.

The only team I detest is Philly because of the way they treat the other teams fans so badly.

Back to Finger Style, I am just learning it. I play by ear and for my enjoyment only as working 2 jobs I have little time and choose to spend it with my family. I wish it were different. Maybe in the future if I can advance in my playing styles of choice and have more time I could possibly be in a band. I have a Boss BR-600 and will record some of my stuff when I feel I am ready. I play bass also but now devoting most of my time to acoustic. Most of my playing time is late at night after my second jobs.

Archived