So what ever happened to the NRA thread?

JasmineTea

• Members

I did'nt bother reading it. Seemed a bit outta place. Not that I give a rip. Just curiouse.

Personaly, I believe everyone should be issued a .44, a flask of whisky, and a large quantity of tobacco when they are born, and should be carried with them at all times.

Anyone ever read Candide?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyone ever read
?

Very few these days, since the same people who oppose gun ownership and favor criminalizing tobacco have also managed to get the canon thrown out of our schools in favor of really important works like I, Rigoberta Menchu. Or Heather Has Two Mommies.

• Members

don't post your political and dogmatic BS here.

This ain't the place for it.

I don't know of one single school library in this whole country that inventories Heather Has Two Mommies and I'll bet you don't, either.

I'm sure that there is an AM talk radio station that would love to hear your views on the subject.

• Members

don't post your political and dogmatic BS here.

This ain't the place for it.

I don't know of one single school library in this whole country that inventories
Heather Has Two Mommies
and I'll bet you don't, either.

I'm sure that there is an AM talk radio station that would love to hear your views on the subject.

Hey, I didn't start this thread. And don't take that tone with me. Maybe in Ann Arbor you're used to bullying anyone who isn't a leftist into self-censorship, but that won't fly with me. I didn't let it happen in college, I didn't let it happen in law school, and I sure as hell won't let it happen now.

I was responding to a post that seemed to equate gun ownership, alcohol, and tobacco with the ubiquitous, senseless evil of the world nihilistically explored in Candide. It's neither dogmatic nor BS, except to the closed mind of a someone who presumes to know all that should be considered "correct." And there are numerous school libraries that stock that book. Oakton, MA, for one off the top of my head. In fact, school libraries are about the only ones who purchased it. There's no other significant market for it.

And if people like you have their way, there won't be any AM talk radio programs to discuss such things.

• Members

well maybe in Texas you ignore the rules, but there's no politics here. Just because I live in Ann Arbor, you think you know my politics.

You don't.

And no one here wants to know yours or mine or anyone else's.

it's not self-censorship; its the forum rules.

Read them.

and if you don't think your comments were dogmatic, you might consider looking it up in the dictionary.

• Members

What part of, "I didn't start this thread" do you not understand?

Any meaningful, cogent or articulate part, all of which is notably absent in your latest cheap repartee, above.

Have a nice day; unless of course, you've already made other arrangements.

• Members

In other words, you have no real response, because there is no getting around the fact I didn't start this thread.

Yes, of course, you are indeed correct, sir, and I am in the wrong.

You are in receipt of my deepest and most sincere apologies.

and now if you will excuse me...

• Members

To that I'd like to add that shooting lawnmowers should be legalized.

And to that I'd like to add a slice of cheap imitation AMERICAN CHEESE.

Also, I think a healthy dose of proper philosophy is in order around here. Unfortunately I'm the only one qualified to dole it out (apparently) and I'm not around much...

Another unfortunate is that we can't un-invent the atom bomb, or handguns. So we're {censored}ed.

Most people it seems, think the world is just fine the way it is...as though it could never have been any other way.

Run a red light, get hit by a truck, die, just another day.

• Members

Wow. I put in my two cents on the other thread. Seems these discussions turn into two serpents eating each others tails. When it reaches a certain point it's ass-kickers and boot-lickers beating their heads against opposite sides of a brick wall. OK. We disagree. Let's pick.

And Heather can have two Mommies, Jason can have two Daddies because Rosie O'Donnell says so.

Archived