:facepalm:

spruce goose

• Members

Yeah, I got another one. This time it's a Breedlove Atlas Series AC25/SM. So that this post would be longer, I will mention that for some time I have considered the cheaper BLs to be pretty darn good. I've seen the RW (I think) one at GC for 699, and really thought it sounded and played as nice as the big boys. Didn't want to cough up .7k and tax for a new guitar, though, and since I happen to live in one of the largest CL cities in the world (New York), I got me one of them mahogany ones for 0.275k (w/ GB).

Action is ~ two feet tall, but the saddle is about 1'11'', so I reckon it'll be fine after a nice shave. Nevertheless, I'll probably get a profetional set-up for it, which will knock me down by .05k extra GWs. No pics, so you guys are just gonna have to trust me about this.

It does look a lot like this, though:

ac25sr.gif

• Members

Congrats. I bought one from GC too. Very nice sounding guitar. They're not your traditional looking guitar so they remain under-rated, IMO.

Oh, BTW, goats are not suited to buyers of BL guitars. Bats. Kim Breedlove likes bats. You know, those furry little nocturnal airborne nasties? Snakes will do as well.

• Members

I like the Atlas models too but I've been bugged by the teeny little tuner buttons on the ones I've seen. What's your take? Other than that, congratulations. Let us know how it plays after a setup.

I didn't notice that the tuner buttons were small. :idk: It wouldn't bother me as long as the guitar stays in tune. (My guitar has Grovers, btw).

As for the setup -- I might try to do a partial set-up myself, because it is obvious that the high saddle needs to be shaved, and that's something I can do myself. I will also try to polish the frets with 0000 steel wool (I'll protect the fretboard while I do this). That might be enough (hopefully I won't need to play with the truss rod, but that too is an option). If there are still issues, I can take it to a tech, and chock the debacle up for experience.

More on this fascinating subject here:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2083978

Archived