No strap buttons!

maximuskatana

• Members

Unusual that the guitar doesn't have strap buttons. There's no hole in the tail block at all? Usually there is and some makers ship the guitars with the tail block button removed to prevent shipping damage. I tie one end of the strap to the headstock. Some makers place an additional button on the heel of the neck while other don't. Yes, you have to drill a hole in your guitar to install the button.

• Members

Welcome to the world of acoustic guitars. I can't believe the manufacturers still only install the tail button!!! I would rather drill a hole in the heel than tie onto the peghead, too much unnecessary strain on the neck.

• Members

I would rather drill a hole in the heel than tie onto the peghead, too much unnecessary strain on the neck.

As I understand it, the strain on the neck is negligible. Of course, if you're more comfortable drilling a hole into the heel, by all means go ahead with it. But I've had straps tied onto my headstocks for years with no problem.

Ellen

• Members

As I understand it, the strain on the neck is negligible. Of course, if you're more comfortable drilling a hole into the heel, by all means go ahead with it. But I've had straps tied onto my headstocks for years with no problem.

Ellen

Yep consider how much your acoustic weighs compared to the pounds of pressure from string tension and you'll see it's nothing. I prefer having a strap button though I'm tall and the guitar sits to high tied to the neck.

Archived