all about 360 degree record deal?

• Members

Hey you fellow musicians! :smiley-eatdrink048:

I was searching for 360 degree record deal information: today you dont seem to need a recordcompany anymore as you can put your own stuff on the web without needing physical distribution etc? 

I found this cool article all about 360 degree record deals that i would like to share with you guys. It has lots of info on 360 degree deals and info on the music publishing business itself. Might be interesting for the starting artist or the recording professional looking in to such 360 degree deal.  If one of you guys has information that he/she would like to share on this topic; please send me a message (or pm). I'm looking for all info I can get. btw: did you know that publishers still deduct ''break fee'' for mp3? break fee was in the time of vinyl: about 8% never made it to the stores; that 8% is still being charged to musicians! Record companies are thieves!

Cheers! 

THomas

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

but they do now...and they have the promo budget to put it in everybody's face. This is where the 'paradigm shift' stops shifting...you still need to be incredibly lucky to be found on the web without a support budget to get you the SEO/SEM boost.

Archived