SUZUKI MODEL 9

Steadfastly

• Members

Is that a "folk-style" nylon string?

Can you post a pic?...that might help us help you.

Terry, how did I know you would be one of the first ones answering. You're amazing! I'll try and get some pics for you. By the way I would call it a parlor size guitar and it has steel strings.

• Members

If the strings go twang when I hit them, I'd give $20 for it, and I don't even know what it looks like.

I agree. I bought it just from the pictures on the web. Itj's only got one scratch on it for pete's sake! I'm going to use it for my beating around guitar that I bring to work.

• Members

I've got one of those thangs... Paid $20 for it too. Must be the goin price... It's a fun lil git...

those show up regularly on line over here too. that label I`ve seen before, there were MANY Suzuki labels through the years, and I`ve seen one seller with a hollow body with that label say his was from the 60s, one of mine is dated 1950 so no questions about when it was made, another says 1948 but the third has no date on the label and is different from the one seen in the pics here. Most I see don`t have a date, why some do and others don`t, I`m not sure, but the ones like this one here are laminates, won`t say they all are, haven`t seen em all yet...price is ballpark too.

• Members

those show up regularly on line over here too. that label I`ve seen before, there were MANY Suzuki labels through the years, and I`ve seen one seller with a hollow body with that label say his was from the 60s, one of mine is dated 1950 so no questions about when it was made, another says 1948 but the third has no date on the label and is different from the one seen in the pics here. Most I see don`t have a date, why some do and others don`t, I`m not sure, but the ones like this one here are laminates, won`t say they all are, haven`t seen em all yet...price is ballpark too.

Thanks for the info zenbu. So are you saying this guitar is 50-60 years old? Thanks, Flip.

Archived