Bob marley had 5 guitars...

NotDead

• Members

Rasta man gotta be whole.

and that's how he died. in keeping with his beliefs, he refused to amputate his toe that had melanoma in it, and it eventually spread and killed him.

the gibson was buried with him, and a second guitar (not sure which) is in the possession of one of the remaining wailers, who will have it buried with him. not sure about the other two, so the washburn that is currently for sale is literally the only bob marley guitar out there. not that he really played that one, as he got it in the late 70s. it doesn't have the iconic marleyness that the others do, but that's as close as anyone is going to get.

love,

eor

also, not that it counts, but for the kaya sessions, he used a guild 12 string (on time will tell, i think). :)

• Members

Man, I'd say five was a real low ball. A lot of those guys I've talked to are not into guitars like we are. Regard them as tools. Which is cool, but there's not the kind of reverence a lot of us put into them being 'special'. Kinda nonchallant about ownership too. My guitar, his guitar, the band's guitar, my uncle's... All about the music. Any extra $$$, it went for recording before equipment. Equipment? The Lord provides, ya know?

But if we're looking for guitars with provable provenance, that narrows it down.

Archived