Yamaha FG410 A/E

kimona

• Members

Hey, all you Yamaha guitar enthusiasts. I came across a Yamaha FG410 A/E today... in really fine condition. I'm guessing it's about 20 years old. Do you think this laminate top guitar has any value as a collectible. Guy's asking $180.

• Members

Hey, all you Yamaha guitar enthusiasts. I came across a Yamaha FG410 A/E today... in really fine condition. I'm guessing it's about 20 years old. Do you think this laminate top guitar has any value as a collectible. Guy's asking $180.

The Yamaha FG-410E is from the second half of the '80s. It was the lower priced one of a couple of dreadnoughts in the FG-series that had built-in piezo pickups and controls on the bass-side of the upper-bout.... right? I wouldn't pay no more than ~ $110.00. Kimona if you like guitar and it sounds great it's your call ....

Trina

P.S. They have a Yamaha FG410 on sale on Ebay now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=170209400272&Category=2385&_trksid=p3907.m29

• Members

I've heard of a 410, a 410A and a 410E, not an A/E.

The straight 410 was probably about $175.00, the A about $275.00 and the E about $300.00 street prices back then.

Stick the serial number here and let us know what it says.

The serial number should be on a cross brace, just under the soundboard and toward the neck when you look into the sound hole.

• 8 months later...
  • 12 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

I own a FG410E. Had it since the mid-80s. I used to put D'Addario light strings on it although I couldn't find those last time. I've been thinking about upgrading to a Zager because I have big hands and I buzz too many chords. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 10/29/2021 at 8:30 AM, GregR said:

I own a FG410E. Had it since the mid-80s. I used to put D'Addario light strings on it although I couldn't find those last time. I've been thinking about upgrading to a Zager because I have big hands and I buzz too many chords. Thoughts?

A few thoughts. First, Zagers are crap. Second, make sure your guitar is set up properly. Buzzing can be caused by improper geometry and a guitar as old as yours probably has structural issues. Third, work on your technique. Buzzing from sloppy playing can be minimized. Fourth, if you're intent on "upgrading," go to a brick and mortar guitar store and try a bunch of guitars and see what feels right. Good luck.

Edited by DeepEnd