Takamine EN15 acoustic guitar

jonesy77777

• Members

Hi guys,

I have a 1988 Takamine EN15 guitar and was hoping to find out some info. on it. I was looking to trade it for a gibson sg, but to be completely honest, I don't know much about it at all. I have tried to research on the net, but even takamine's site doesn't list it as a discontinued model, and it isn't a current model either. I've seen an ean15c, but mine is not a cutaway. Does anybody know anything about these guitars. I know it's a natural series, but what differentiates the models. From what I gather they are pretty rare, I haven't heard anything back from takamine support either. Thanks for your help.

• Members

I used to have an '86 EN15C. Just like yours but with a cutaway. Solid Cedar top, laminated rosewood back & sides. (EN10 is Cedar/Mahogany) I liked mine a lot, had a decent acoustic sound, and was great plugged-in. Neck was a bit slim so I ended up selling it.

• Members

Is it worth a trade for an SG, for both involved, I wouldn't want to screw anyone, or get screwed. I have no idea what they are worth, not even a ballpark, so any info. would be nice. cheers.

An 80's EN15 in good shape goes for around $500 on eBay. Taks do not hold their value. (not a negative in my book, because I'd never buy one new, but I've boughts lots of used ones) That's one of the things I like about them, you can pick up the real nice Japan-built Taks used for a bargain.

• Members

wow that would be a good deal, I was told by my local guitar store not to sell this for less than a grand. even at that it would be the same as retail 20 years ago. I can't imagine being able to buy any quality 20 year old guitar for the same it cost 20 years ago.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 years later...

Archived