"Sweet Virginia" Live Fort Worth 1972

Stackabones

• Members
Do you know the name of the unreleased film from which this footage was taken? Quite shocking!
:eek:

One of my favourite songs on 'Exile.'
:thu:

Cheers,

Glenn

This is footage from the theatre only release "Ladies & Gentlemen The Rolling Stones" filmed by Robert Frank. It is NOT from the movie you think it is...which is called "Co@% Suc@#$ Blues" which Frank was also filming at the same time. ;)

Ladies & Gentlemen The Rolling Stones has never been offically released by the Stones in either Video or DVD formats. There are very good quality bootlegs floating around though. This is the movie that basically made me want to play in a rock band when I first saw it in the mid 1970's as a teenager. You can watch the whole movie here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si2ktWFHRdg&feature=PlayList&p=195F762A8E681245&index=0&playnext=1 Click on the "HQ" version to hear it in glorious stereo....get out the Jack Daniels, sit back and watch the Greatest Rock & Roll Band In The World and feel free to turn up the volume.

Listen and watch this electric slide/lead solo by Mick Taylor...this is one of the highlights of the movie (especially at approx. 4:59). :D What you are seeing and hearing is the beautiful tone of a 1959 Les Paul into a cranked Ampeg amp...ahhhh...the 1970's...:freak:

[YOUTUBE]17gZ7oLheT0[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

This is footage from the
theatre only
release
"
Ladies & Gentlemen The Rolling Stones
"
filmed by Robert Frank. It is NOT from the movie you think it is...which is called "
Co@% Suc@#$ Blues
" which Frank was also filming at the same time.
;)

Ladies & Gentlemen The Rolling Stones
has never been offically released by the Stones in either Video or DVD formats. There are very good quality bootlegs floating around though. This is the movie that basically made me want to play in a rock band when I first saw it in the mid 1970's as a teenager. You can watch the whole movie here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si2ktWFHRdg&feature=PlayList&p=195F762A8E681245&index=0&playnext=1
Click on the "HQ" version to hear it in glorious stereo....get out the Jack Daniels, sit back and watch the
Greatest Rock & Roll Band In The World
and feel free to turn up the volume.

Listen and watch this electric slide/lead solo by
Mick Taylor
...this is one of the highlights of the movie (especially at approx. 4:59).
:D
What you are seeing and hearing is the beautiful tone of a 1959 Les Paul into a cranked Ampeg amp...ahhhh...the 1970's...
:freak:

You are right. I had always thought that was the title of the 1982 movie.

My brother attended the concert in Montreal that year. I am kinda fuzzy on the details, but I think the FLQ either hijacked or blew up their equipment truck, causing a very long delay while someone tried to rent the appropriate gear. I was 12 at the time, and we had come to Montreal the day after the concert, and my brother told us about it.

He looked a little bleary, as I recall... :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members
Listen and watch this electric slide/lead solo by
Mick Taylor
...this is one of the highlights of the movie (especially at approx. 4:59).
:D
What you are seeing and hearing is the beautiful tone of a 1959 Les Paul into a cranked Ampeg amp...ahhhh...the 1970's...
:freak:

That was SWEET. What fabulous audio quality too...

Archived