The Music Industry Has 99 Problems. And They Are...

VinylFan

• Moderators

The stats are out there, which specifically do you feel the need for corroboration? idn_smilie.gif

Actually, this '99' is a very well put together observation. I think the main thing they missed is the level playing field syndrome, where labels no longer find up and coming bands, because they can't; they now wait like vultures and watch until bands have regional market penetration, and then approach them...usually way too late in the life cycle of a band, which at that stage is either already making money and essentially their own label, or on the verge of breaking up.

Much of this has been discussed in depth here...for years. wink.gif

• Moderators

The stats are out there, which specifically do you feel the need for corroboration? idn_smilie.gif

Actually, this '99' is a very well put together observation. I think the main thing they missed is the level playing field syndrome, where labels no longer find up and coming bands, because they can't; they now wait like vultures and watch until bands have regional market penetration, and then approach them...usually way too late in the life cycle of a band, which at that stage is either already making money and essentially their own label, or on the verge of breaking up.

Much of this has been discussed in depth here...for years. wink.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by daddymack View Post
I could start...

Quote Originally Posted by DigiMusNews
1. Overall recording sales continue to decline, pretty much every year.
They continue to decline... OK, but where? Is this a US debate? Worldwide?

Pretty much every year... Pretty much isn't something I like to use as a phrase to put over a point.

I'm not saying I disagree with the article. It's a case of, I don't think there is enough facts here for me to further promote this particular blog post.

Make sense?

• Members
I could start...

Pretty much every year... Pretty much isn't something I like to use as a phrase to put over a point.

I'm not saying I disagree with the article. It's a case of, I don't think there is enough facts here for me to further promote this particular blog post.

Make sense?

• Members
I could start...

Make sense?

• Members
I could start...

Make sense?

• Moderators

Yes, okay, I too would have liked some more steak on the plate, but keep in mind that there is a large contingent of factors now that conglomerate as 'recorded music sales'. Streaming fees, CD sales, DLs, ringtones, licensing for commercials gets rolled in, and some are up, many are down, and the consistencies are nonexistent (except ringtones, the consistent growth market, particularly in Asia). So for a quick and dirty list, defining all these parameters would have bogged down the flow. cool.gif

• Moderators

Yes, okay, I too would have liked some more steak on the plate, but keep in mind that there is a large contingent of factors now that conglomerate as 'recorded music sales'. Streaming fees, CD sales, DLs, ringtones, licensing for commercials gets rolled in, and some are up, many are down, and the consistencies are nonexistent (except ringtones, the consistent growth market, particularly in Asia). So for a quick and dirty list, defining all these parameters would have bogged down the flow. cool.gif

Archived