VOM 13 -- Virtual Open Mic @ HCAG, Second Sunday, February 8, 2009

Stackabones

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Alright...have listened to a bunch already...here we go:

Garthman-Nice old Traditional music.Good 1 take

Totamus- Wow, that is some good Totamus Ragtime playing.I'm impressed.Real good.

Mrmoe-I think your my favorite scarecrow. I like everything you do. Is what your playing a Travis picking pattern? Love it!

Fussenkuh- Good stuff. The video was out of sink with your playing. Kind of trippy!

g6120- Nice sounding guitar. Nice video. Nice singing. That was ...nice:)

Michael Martin- You have skillz!! You have a style that is you. That is a good thing.

Stack- Nice original. Love that little recorder you use. Good sound. Good lyrics. A little carribian/Raggae sound.

Sangemon- Just shy of a year playing. Doing great man. Love the song. "Hey there Delilah"

All for now...great stuff so far!!:thu:

• Members

Here is a song called "Cigarettes & Whiskey" I recorded in one take a little while ago using a Dollar Store microphone into my laptop. I played a Sigma/Martin DM2 and recorded using Audacity and added a little reverb. Sorry...I couldn't find anything romantic to submit...

To download the song just click on the attachment. :D

• Members

My submission will be a bit later. The wife is working in the office/studio.

Here's my reviews so far:

Garthman - That was beautiful. The voice, the accent, it was like hearing a 500 yr old recording, if it were possible of course. Well done sir.

TBryson - I liked your melody. The song is sad and lovely at the same time. I'd be interested to hear those lyrics to a different tune.

Totamus - It sounds like you're recovering nicely. I loved the tune. It's the kind of number you can play for hours.

mrmoe - Wow. Very cool lyrics. I like our style. Kind of Cat Stevens-ish, especially with your voice.

FussenKuh - I've never heard that song before but I liked your rendition. It's an interesting tune. Very well done too. Nice production.

g6120 - Another great tune, Gil. The lyrics have hit home (for me) again.

MichaelMarin - Beautiful song, Michael, all around. Lyrics, sound, everything. Special indeed.

More to follow.

• Members

Title: You Shouldn't Speak

Author: Myself

Record Date: 01/31/2009

This is definitely a 1 take evidenced my the clumsy playing toward the end. Unfortunately, the vocals sound distant since I had the camera kind of far away so I could get the foot drum into the picture. Anyways, here it is - If you want to go the extra mile and give it a rating (my youtube page is linked below in my sig line) that would be great!:

[YOUTUBE]f12PICPrzKQ[/YOUTUBE]

• Members
Title: You Shouldn't Speak

Author: Myself

Record Date: 01/31/2009

This is definitely a 1 take evidenced my the clumsy playing toward the end. Unfortunately, the vocals sound distant since I had the camera kind of far away so I could get the foot drum into the picture. Anyways, here it is - If you want to go the extra mile and give it a rating (my youtube page is linked below in my sig line) that would be great!:

That was better than OK, it was great. It had me moving. Love that foot drum!:thu::thu:

• Members

no opinions on the rookie yet:(

Damon

Yeah! I wish I had your voice. And self-taught too, you're doing great on the guitar. I've only been playing a few months longer than you. Thanks for posting, it takes courage at our stage. What kind of instructional materials are you using?

• Members

Yeah! I wish I had your voice. And self-taught too, you're doing great on the guitar. I've only been playing a few months longer than you. Thanks for posting, it takes courage at our stage. What kind of instructional materials are you using?

i printed some chord charts off of the net and taught myself to read them,went to a couple of tab sites and printed off songs that i was familiar with that just had the chord printed above the lyric they changed with(i can't read tab real well,can't read music at all) and went from there...if you want you can check out my youtube channel,my user name there is diceman1000 also...i have a few of my originals posted there...thanks for the kind words,and for watching:)

Damon

• Members

Damon, think about taking a few lessons from a good teacher. It will make a TREMENDOUS difference. I began as you did, just trying to figure it all out by myself, and it is SO much more work that way. The teachers know all the tricks, and the shortcuts, and little things that make all the difference in controlling the sounds that you make. Can you figure it out yourself? Sure, but it will take a lot longer.

Archived