It's Getting Harder To Download S&*T For Free...

Matximus

• Members

This is very interesting. I'm surprised someone actually posted on this subject. Here in Japan as of October 1st of this year it is a 2 year jail sentence for illegal downloading. Yep, they are ready to put kids in prison for 2 years even built special detaining facilities to warehouse all these law breakers. Thanks to http://www.jasrac.or.jp/ejhp/membership/index.html

OK, I'm joking about the detaining facilities, but I'm not joking about a 2 year jail sentence. I don't think the new law was well thought out. I just can't see them throwing the politician and their clans in jail for breaking this new law.

I don't like stealing and would you believe I just recently found out that you can download complete albums off of YouTube and my question is "is that legal"

Here is a legal site for original tabs. Finally they got it right. Put it out there for a test run with a limitation, and let the consumer buy it after a test run. It's a cool system, but far as I know American businessmen aren't smart enough to go this route because they fear the unknown, just like why the f'k can't have rental music stores, well because "ONE" politician wrote into law that America can not have rental music stores. Ah, but America is such a free country, free country my ass.

Here go to this website for some good free and legal stuff. F'k the American publishers of their stupidity. OK, I know some are doing this now, but it sure took them a long time.

http://guitar-tab.tongari-pocket.net/

• Members

This is very interesting. I'm surprised someone actually posted on this subject. Here in Japan as of October 1st of this year it is a 2 year jail sentence for illegal downloading. Yep, they are ready to put kids in prison for 2 years even built special detaining facilities to warehouse all these law breakers. Thanks to http://www.jasrac.or.jp/ejhp/membership/index.html

OK, I'm joking about the detaining facilities, but I'm not joking about a 2 year jail sentence. I don't think the new law was well thought out. I just can't see them throwing the politician and their clans in jail for breaking this new law.

I don't like stealing and would you believe I just recently found out that you can download complete albums off of YouTube and my question is "is that legal"

Here is a legal site for original tabs. Finally they got it right. Put it out there for a test run with a limitation, and let the consumer buy it after a test run. It's a cool system, but far as I know American businessmen aren't smart enough to go this route because they fear the unknown, just like why the f'k can't have rental music stores, well because "ONE" politician wrote into law that America can not have rental music stores. Ah, but America is such a free country, free country my ass.

Here go to this website for some good free and legal stuff. F'k the American publishers of their stupidity. OK, I know some are doing this now, but it sure took them a long time.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarville

View Post

I'm assuming that this is the maximum sentence that could be handed out and not everyone would get instant 2 yrs in the SLAMMER

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarville

View Post

I'm assuming that this is the maximum sentence that could be handed out and not everyone would get instant 2 yrs in the SLAMMER

• Moderators
Quote Originally Posted by guitarville View Post

Actually (and oddly*) there are plenty of places to download lyrics/tab/chord charts for 'free'.
It is 'protecting' the actual recorded version of the music or written notation of the music (which is essentially a non-performed recording) which is getting the zealots dancing around the fire...and as a copyright holder, I agree. It is my product, and I should be paid when someone uses it.

*years ago HC had to close it's OLGA (Online Guitar Archive) due to copyright infraction threats. It was a great repository, and the reason I for one, first came to HC.

• Moderators
Quote Originally Posted by guitarville View Post

Actually (and oddly*) there are plenty of places to download lyrics/tab/chord charts for 'free'.
It is 'protecting' the actual recorded version of the music or written notation of the music (which is essentially a non-performed recording) which is getting the zealots dancing around the fire...and as a copyright holder, I agree. It is my product, and I should be paid when someone uses it.

*years ago HC had to close it's OLGA (Online Guitar Archive) due to copyright infraction threats. It was a great repository, and the reason I for one, first came to HC.

Archived