C70Man...

daklander

• Members

You probably already have this
from a 1977 show at the Bottom Line in NYC but I thought it well worth posting a link to.

A person does have to join Wolfgang's Vault to get any of the shows.

Hey Dak,

Thanks for the headsup!.......I was wondering if that was a video..ah shucks....Yet I don't have that exact recording session, but certainly all of his songs in multiple versions. It's great hearing the live stuff.....so many nuances in his playing....I really appreciate the link.....thanks so much...it is now in my arcenal!

C70man

• Members

What impressed me was how he handled the show suffering from what sounded like a pretty bad cold, and joked about it as well. The remark about "don't puke' and the bubble caught half way was killer and the ability to make a remark about the color of the honkers was hilarious. That had to have been an righteous show live.

• Members

What impressed me was how he handled the show suffering from what sounded like a pretty bad cold, and joked about it as well. The remark about "don't puke' and the bubble caught half way was killer and the ability to make a remark about the color of the honkers was hilarious. That had to have been an righteous show live.

Many of his shows were like that..He could play thru any sickness or condition and the croud rarely knew how sick he was....And his dialogue with the audience was fabulous. You felt sooo good after the performance, you just wanted to take him home with you....God, I miss him.

Believe it or not, there is a guy by the name of Damon Fowler that I hang with and he reminds me, or better yet makes me feel a lot like the times when I was around Steve Goodman. Damon and I have become good friends and his playing is second to none....though primarily electric. Damon loves to talk to the audience and get them involved.....I really like that.

I get to go to Illinois later this month (4-23) to see Damon and maybe even Totamus, if I can drag him out for a night. I will be in his home town with a bunch of my friends at a bar called BIG CITIES in Rockford, Illinois. The last time Damon played there, Cheap Trick showed to jam with him and everyone got to talk to and meet each other. A great night.

Archived