Sign in to follow this  
c+t in b

What's a good price for a used Takamine EAN10CX?

I've had this guitar for about 6 years now. I bought it because it had a pickup and a tuner and the action was great. However i never was fond of the tone. I've come to realize that while a tuner comes in handy, id rather have a better sounding guitar with good action. I remember that i was really into the taylors as opposed to the takamine

what do you think a good price would be to sell this for? It's in great condition My roommate is interested in it

I've had this guitar for about 6 years now. I bought it because it had a pickup and a tuner and the action was great. However i never was fond of the tone. I've come to realize that while a tuner comes in handy, id rather have a better sounding guitar with good action. I remember that i was really into the taylors as opposed to the takamine

what do you think a good price would be to sell this for? It's in great condition My roommate is interested in it

What does the X stand for? I think a nice version of an EAN* will go for around $500 on Ebay (on a good day).

$450-475 would be my guess if in great condition.

You might be right. I may be a little optimistic at the $500 price (but it could happen if the planets align for you).

I'm not sure what the X suffix stands for, either. But the local GC recently had a new EAN10C that they were blowing out at just a bit over $800. (Usually they are about $1099 new.) The Takamine GB7C that I just bought, which has similar woods and is also in the "Natural" line (but is priced slightly higher than the EAN10c when new) was just purchased used on eBay for $420. However, it was in pretty rough shape with some damage to the top. It probably would have been worth another hundred bucks or two if it was in better shape.

Brad

$600 - $700 if it's in excellent condition.

Guitar Center had one on clearance for $749 because it had a 12" crack on the back near the center (next to the purfling). It still sounded great.

You can buy factory refurbs around $700.