Takamine eG series??

srag6998

• Members

I like their pickup systems but I've never really liked many of the G series acoustically. I own an EF261BL and a EGSF15SC but the G series one I got for free so it wasn't exactly my choice. The Japanese made ones will be outside that range most likely if they still in fact do that. They can be rather nice. Maybe if you get one used. There are obviously a lot of other brands besides Takamine worth looking into though. I would just buy what sounds good to you by visiting music stores, playing stuff and trying to ignore how poorly they might be set up. Maybe research reviews on which pickups your prospects might use if you're concerned about that.

• Members

Yeah, i had read that about teh G series pickups be nice, but the acoustic be on the downside. A friend of mine has a takamine that was $1300, way out of my range, and it sounds beautiful. It sounds better acoustic than plugged in which is funny, compared to the G series. but his guitar is what turned me on to Takamine. Im doing online searches now becuase the closest guitar center is a 30 minute drive, not up for it at the moment. How about the cheaper Ovation guitars? and someone brought up to me Yamaha?

-PS. i will be playing acousticly more than plugged in, so the pickups arent huge deal for me.

• Members

Yeah, i had read that about teh G series pickups be nice, but the acoustic be on the downside. A friend of mine has a takamine that was $1300, way out of my range, and it sounds beautiful. It sounds better acoustic than plugged in which is funny, compared to the G series. but his guitar is what turned me on to Takamine. Im doing online searches now becuase the closest guitar center is a 30 minute drive, not up for it at the moment. How about the cheaper Ovation guitars? and someone brought up to me Yamaha?

-PS. i will be playing acousticly more than plugged in, so the pickups arent huge deal for me.

Depends on the guitar IMO. I got a "G" series that is a cedar top and mahogany back and sides.I think it sounds decent unplugged but great plugged in.It doesn't have the Martin sound,or other high priced guitars,but for $300 for a used Takamine it sounds good to me.

Archived