VOM 16 -- Virtual Open Mic @ HCAG, Second Sunday, May 10, 2009

Stackabones

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a brother who lives in NE Washington, not far from the CA border. I just might take you up on it one day.

Do take me up on it -- but be aware, Winnipeg is about an hour due north of the North Dakota / Minnesota / Canada border -- probably between a 15 and 20 hour drive from Spokane:wave:

cheers,

andrew

• Members

Do take me up on it -- but be aware, Winnipeg is about an hour due north of the North Dakota / Minnesota / Canada border -- probably between a 15 and 20 hour drive from Spokane:wave:

cheers,

andrew

You're right. I looked it up and I had Manitoba and Alberta mixed up.

• Members

cheers,

andrew

It's a mere 700 miles due north of me. I've driven it a couple of times, back when i was doing case study research at Wildwood Park. Winnipeg is lovely, especially after the snow melts and the Red River breaks up!

• Members

It's a mere 700 miles due north of me. I've driven it a couple of times, back when i was doing case study research at Wildwood Park. Winnipeg is lovely, especially after the snow melts and the Red River breaks up!

OK Michael, the snow has melted and the river has broken up (pretty soon it'll be down to normal levels) -- if you start driving now you can catch some of the lovely mosquito season before the snow comes round again :facepalm:

(BTW, I've never actually set foot in Wildwood Park -- go figure).

cheers,

andrew

• Members

Alrighty... finally had a chance yesterday evening to listen to a handful of songs in this month's VOM. As usual, there were songs whose existence I wasn't even aware of, but, that's one of the reasons I enjoy these VOMs; I'm always geting exposed to new music :thu: Hopefully, I'll have to opportunity to check out a few more tunes today!

tbryson - Nice work. I can't say I'm familiar with the song, but it's definitely catchy. And, like you said, the chords don't sound too complex, so I might actually be able to play and sing this one myself... at least I'm now thinking of trying to do that ;-)

garthman - very well played, garth. I had to cut myself off part way through listing to the track for the 3rd time to ensure I had time to listen to a few more submissions.

bobc - Very hypnotic tune... listening to this, I pictured myself sitting outside watching the time drift by on a beautiful Fall day. Great work!

MattSkibaIsGOD - Thanks to tbryson, I can now say I HAVE heard this song before ;-) This tune is just as catchy as the 1st time I heard it... but now with some groovy harp added to the mix! Can't say I'd be able to pull off singing, strumming, and harmonica playing, but, hearing this tune for a 2nd time makes me want to learn how to play it all the more.

Melodeous - Instrumental? Check. Upbeat tempo? Check. Quality composition? Double Check! Conclusion... I love this song! Great work :thu:

mrmoe - Quality playing as usual and some nice vocal harmonies as well.

• Members

Another great VOM. I meant to break with tradition this time and make some comments but it's been a busy week and I've only been able to skim through the contributions briefly. I'll try to chip in next week.

In the meantime, thanks for the kind comments about my song- and Fatback, get yourself a better mike - soon.

• Members

How to jam together:

1. Let's exchange what work we do, and what sort of clients we are looking for.

2. Let's look for potential clients for each other.

3. Strike a deal, and let's reward each other w/ a 20% commission on the gross value of the contract.

4. Come down to do the work, and take the time to jam :)

There, that wasn't hard! :D

• Members

How to jam together:

1. Let's exchange what work we do, and what sort of clients we are looking for.

2. Let's look for potential clients for each other.

3. Strike a deal, and let's reward each other w/ a 20% commission on the gross value of the contract.

4. Come down to do the work, and take the time to jam
:)

There, that wasn't hard!
:D

You forgot 5. and 6.:

5. Send to accounting for cost analysis.

6. Project cancelled by middle managemnet due to budget cut.

• Members

good afternoon...vom strikes another perfect chord. all of the selections were inspired and, therefore, appreciated. leaves from a tree has me clinging to the vine even harder. nice one bobc. i'm also digging for my harp rack after the inspirational and well done folk of mattskibaisGod. st james infirmary is a tremendous and tragic song. great selection and performance frets99. also, i really liked the blues entry of fatback and the elias/diceman1000 collaboration of oklahoma state line blues was tremendous. we have to deal with the okie invasion from our north on the red river. i feel your pain. usually, we can acclimate them into our texas society, but we've sent a few back. also, michael martin's true love is a spectacular song regardless of any percieved chord progression larceny. however, i can only have one favoritevommaysubmission and it's guitarist21. wow. please, please keep playing and fostering your obvious talent. you have talent and taste. a rare combination.

thanks to all who listened to chocolate tequila. all of the feedback was appreciated and taken in. it's a barroom brawler song and hints at the virtues of two delicacies coming together. it just makes sense. until next month, i'll be sipping bloody mary's>>>> http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7571252

take care and stay hyp....pg

• Members

good afternoon...vom strikes another perfect chord. all of the selections were inspired and, therefore, appreciated. leaves from a tree has me clinging to the vine even harder. nice one
bobc
. i'm also digging for my harp rack after the inspirational and well done folk of
mattskibaisGod
. st james infirmary is a tremendous and tragic song. great selection and performance
frets99
. also, i really liked the blues entry of
fatback
and the elias/
diceman1000
collaboration of oklahoma state line blues was tremendous. we have to deal with the okie invasion from our north on the red river. i feel your pain. usually, we can acclimate them into our texas society, but we've sent a few back. also,
michael martin's
true love is a spectacular song regardless of any percieved chord progression larceny. however, i can only have one favoritevommaysubmission and it's
guitarist21
. wow. please, please keep playing and fostering your obvious talent. you have talent and taste. a rare combination.

thanks to all who listened to chocolate tequila. all of the feedback was appreciated and taken in. it's a barroom brawler song and hints at the virtues of two delicacies coming together. it just makes sense. until next month, i'll be sipping bloody mary's>>>>
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7571252

take care and stay hyp....pg

thanks for you comments. Just listened to Chocolate T' :thu:

Phil

• Members

I was away for most of this past week and the hotel were I was staying didn't think that getting it's wireless Internet service fixed for me and 100+ other people there was all that important so I've been seriously playing catch up here.

I just want to thank everybody that came, saw, listened, and commented on my song. It's really appreciated.

I did get to listen to all the other performances before I left and as always it was a great show

Tony (back to work...!!)

Archived