Epiphone EL-00

fbrown627

• Members

I'm considering getting this guitar but can't find too much information on dimensions.

I know the scale and nut width, but does anyone have the total length, body length, body width, body depth and bout widths?

TIA

I imported a pic into an image editing program and did some "measuring" based on the fact that the 24.75" scale was 315 pixels. I got a length of about 505 pixels or about 39.625", a lower bout of 190 pixels or about 15", and an upper bout of 133 pixels or about 10 1/2". This allows a bit for the fact that the guitar was not photographed front on. Depth is unknown but if you're really interested try emailing Epiphone.

• Members

The EL00 has roughly the same dimensions as a grand auditorium.

The lower bout is 15-1/4", the upper bout 10-3/4", and overall length

about 40". Mine has a nice tone and good projection. If you get one, go

to Sweetwater and buy the fitted case for it.

Mel

• Members

Ebay has a demo Buy it Now for $239 + 21.07 UPS. I myself have been wanting one and keeping an eye out on pricing....best I found so far.

Seller is Music_Square.......I don't know anything about them. They have a 10day return for exchange policy.

• Members

I got mine from Musicians Friend. It was a refurb that cost $249 and included

shipping. These are factory reconditioned and have been checked out. Mine had a few scratches in out of the way places , and the action needed to

be raised. I would buy from them again.

Mel

• Members

Any recommendations on a quality internet store that sells this guitar? Perhaps one that checks them out before they're shipped?

Musicians Friend, Sam Ash, and Woodwind Brasswind would all be respectable sites to check. As for looking the guitar over before it gets shipped, you might have to look for a smaller operation. The big guys will just box it up and ship it out most of the time. You might try checking out Elderly...not sure if they do that sort of thing or not, but they might.

• Members

Has anyone heard/read/played the
Ibanez SGT110VS
? It's a dead ringer for the Epi and just a bit less expensive.

The Epi sports a "solid" spruce top.......I don't think the Ibenez is. It doesn't say, which generally means it isn't. The Epi around $250 appears to be a better instrument.....?

Some all lams sound pretty good......I would try each one and then decide.

• Members

The Epi sports a "solid" spruce top.......I don't think the Ibenez is. It doesn't say, which generally means it isn't. The Epi around $250 appears to be a better instrument.....?

Some all lams sound pretty good......I would try each one and then decide.

It'd be worth investigating. I've seen the Epi at $299 and the Ibanez as low as $149. While there are some info/reviews/vids on the Epi, there's almost nothing on the Ibanez.

• Members

I played one of those EL-00s at Best Buy last night. Not bad except that the one they had was damaged. Somebody punched a hole on the bottom of it next to the endpin.

It buzzed pretty bad at the 12-15th frets on the 1st & 2nd string, so I looked at the saddle which had no break angle on the treble side. This would be an easy (cheap) fix, but for the hole.

I'd go for that factory second or demo on eBay. Nice looking/sounding little guitar.

• 11 years later...
  • Members
On 6/16/2009 at 8:31 AM, MePeel said:

The EL00 has roughly the same dimensions as a grand auditorium.

The lower bout is 15-1/4", the upper bout 10-3/4", and overall length

about 40". Mine has a nice tone and good projection. If you get one, go

to Sweetwater and buy the fitted case for it.

Mel

Upper bout is 10 7/8",  waist 9 1/8, lower bout, 15.5; overall length, 40.5
I recommend the total mahogany build, the earliest, perhaps prototypes, were solid mahogany; later solid tops,laminated sides and backs.  The spruce tops have blurry, wet, screamy mids and tops.  The mahogany is balanced, gutsy but warm and clear. I'd replace the electronics with a Baggs, or if you like yours as much as I do mine drop in a Maton AP5 Pro system; costs about the same as the guitar. Or a TAK...

Archived