Conn guitars

thedevilisbad

• Members

Thanks , didnt know about the saddle issues but you are correct this one is good. I have some interest in fossilized mammoth saddle material have heard good things about it. Would be easy to make up a saddle  for this  because the intonation  is perfect  but that's probably the reason I'm just going to leave it alone. Maybe on another project. I have custom lights on her now it's pretty loud even finger style. If I do anything maybe make up a new nut with a little wider string spacing it's a 1 11/16 nut.  I have pretty big hands and prefer a 1 3/4 especially after playing for a couple hours. I have a seagull thats alittle too wide. Maybe this is food for another thread, but I understand now that a lot of made in Japan and made in China dreads are 1 3/4  nut and the guitar I've always liked the D 18 is now 1 3/4. Maybe time to go shopping. 

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Does anyone know anything about the CG Conn Model F 15 V LTD. This is an acoustic 6 string guitar. I can find info all day on the F 15's but not an F 15 V? This thing plays better and sounds better  than my Martin D-28 (Seriously).  I know C.G. Conn played around with some limited edition stuff for a while. This is a Japan model not the Korean model. I have had this thing for 25 years and I can't find any info on it. This one does not have the paper label or the aluminum gold or silver label in the sound hole. The odd thing is, it is printed directly on the inside back of guitar. In all of my research I see that Conn stamped guitars on the neck block but not in the sound hole. Mine is stamped in the sound hole back. It looks like they would always use labels. I bought the guitar 25 years ago as a beginner model. I have bought many many new guitars over the years but I still go back to the $150.00 Conn lol. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

My grandfather gave this guitar to my dad recently. Anybody know anything about it? Conn model F-20. The plate inside has the serial number as well. I'm trying to figure out how to attach a picture so if anyone can tell me how, I'll get one up

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Sam , this model was made in Japan in the early to mid-70s I'm pretty sure I was able to find some historical information on them and who the builder was and what factory. If I can dig that site up I'll pass it on to you. I don't think it was Nippon but the quality is pretty close.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

In the early 70s I was looking for a guitar for my wife to learn on. I checked out a bunch of guitars, as my wife has small hands and it had to be playable for her or why bother. My music store had a couple Conns and as I took a feel of that thin smooth neck I could tell this was the one. Most players will know what I mean. It's a little loud for me, color wise, red yellowy burst, but has calmed down into a beautiful instrument. I've had it all these years and it still sounds better than ever. I have Taylors, Gibsons and this thing is still a sweet playable killer guitar, and looks brand new. I think at some point anything inside with serial # on it may have fallen out, I couldn't find any #s. That's my Conn story thanks for lettin' me share.   b

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

I have a conn guitar 

Serial number 21740524

Model c 21

Please help me to ascertain the year of make... I know it was in the 1970s

Additionally if you could give me an idea of its value that would be most appreciated.

Thank for your time and consideration.

J

• Moderators
7 hours ago, asking said:

I have a conn guitar 

Serial number 21740524

Model c 21

Please help me to ascertain the year of make... I know it was in the 1970s

Additionally if you could give me an idea of its value that would be most appreciated.

Thank for your time and consideration.

J

did you check any of the links posted in this thread? I'm guessing not.

here,try these:

https://www.connguitars.org/

https://jedistar.com/conn/

as to value, check reverb.com and eBay

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...