Are CDs old hat?

maarkr

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by maarkr View Post
If I'm not doing live gigs and selling CDs, I'm thinking going all electronic and skipping the CD production route?
I'd agree with going this route. If you were doing live gigs, then you could fork over some money to reproduce physical copies of your album, just so you have something to sell at shows. But if you're not doing live gigs, that's more reason to stick to digital release (and invest that money towards something else like production or promotion).

The music industry has completely changed - CDs are dead, and digital music is in. iTunes killed the CD store. It's more about convenience now - instantly downloading music to iPods, iPhones, iWhatevers. It's also more convenient for you as an artist because your tracks can be bought 24/7 from whatever location (as opposed to selling CDs at a certain time/place).

Auret

----------------------------------------------------------
Singer / Social Media Consultant
How I got over 95,000 real views on my cover video for FREE.
http://essetinoartists.com/more-youtube-views/

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Bucksstudent View Post
I put all of my music on Youtube for free. I couldn't sell it if I wanted, but I used to have people ask me how much my CDs were when I gave them out. CDs get neglected, thrown about, scratched, and aren't worth my money.

I don't buy CDs anymore, and partly because I can't afford them. I buy used vinyl.
I buy CD's to listen music in my car!!

Archived