Are CDs old hat?

maarkr

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Napoli Stiletto

View Post

figures for physical carrier go so for $1 to dollar $15 to the retailer, classical track can cost up to $3.5 in digital sales, depending on track lenght and the price set by the IP owners,

bulk (palette) go to retailer for less, and thousand of CDs go to the garbage, because they can't be sold anymore, not even an African dealer would take them for $0.15 USD the piece

those would be numbers and keep in mind for you Sep 2012 to Oct 2012 = 7 years and as you say about that "The way of mathematics go curious ways"

so figures don't actually have to be self-consistent for you

• Members

View Post

tell me how many ...

those would be numbers and keep in mind for you Sep 2012 to Oct 2012 = 7 years and as you say about that "The way of mathematics go curious ways"

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MargeHowel

View Post

those would be numbers and keep in mind for you Sep 2012 to Oct 2012 for this poster = 7 years and as you say about that "The way of mathematics go curious ways"

you can ask Craig to re-activate the first account I had here, but asked him to hide,

that much about your mathematical talents, and non-talent music bisinees wise

• Members

I think "when I was your age" kind of goes back to the overall market being heterogeneous and there are different approaches based on target market segment and context -- the "pay what you want" vs a flat price highlights that we can even change what the perceived relationship is (customer vs sponsor)

Indeed, but across these markets I suspect that changing the relationship from consumer to sponsor would be a general good.

As a customer, I just want the appropriate level of service for a price point, and across almost every venture I work with "customers" need a price point... even among the people I know who sell pay-what-you-want CDs will sell them at a fixed price in a lot of situations.

Possibly the consumer/sponsor distinction would map those situations.

As a sponsor I am personally invested in the venture, even if it is only at the level of a single CD, tip, or cultural artifact.

• Members

View Post

you can ask Craig to re-activate the first account I had here, but asked him to hide,

so you are an alt

and you hide ...why?

that much about your mathematical talents,and non-talenr music bisinees wise

those talents made you admit your altliness

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowbob

View Post

Possibly the consumer/sponsor distinction would map those situations.

I think they do, like you were saying about the same product being presented in either (sponsor/customer) mode depending on context

weather the consumer to sponsor move is a good thing across the board...I just don't know (not a euphamism for NO,just a genuine I don't know)...maybe yes, maybe no

I could see there might be some areas where a more fixed "customer" style relationship (and price point) might streamline things esp where the artist is less of a focus than the product (licensing recordings as backing tracks, "special occasion" music like holiday music or wedding music) - not sure on that, just throwing that out as food for thought.

As a sponsor I am personally invested in the venture, even if it is only at the level of a single CD, tip, or cultural artifact.

yup, that's the difference in the perceived product relationsip...one iss more artist centric, the other is the workpiece

• Members

View Post

hide?

"but asked him to hide,

you lost very likely all relation to the virtual world

that would mean I could post...lie a ban....you were saying you got banned...what was that acct name?

and the other account get unbanned somewhere in 2013 because I told some people what they are

so you ARE an alt...hmm and your account banned, but are now posting under an alt -- did you get approval from the HC mods for that??

• Members

There are no fix prices for music and songs, nowhere.

Sponsors, or companines whixh want to promote a product with music, i.e. attach a CD to their product, buy the CDs, they pay usual sp about $1.50 for a single with 2-3 vesions of one song when they order a min. of 10.000 CDs, and a CD with a collection of songs and christmas albums for companies cost the same, and an old track from the music catalogue licenced for tv-spots cost about $25.000 USD when the the spot is broadcasted 10.000 times per year.

• Members

View Post

There are no fix prices for music and songs

Sponsors, or companines whixh want to promote a product with music, i.e. attach a CD to their product, buy the CDs, they pay usual sp about $1.50 for a single with 2-3 vesions of one song when they order a min. of 10.000 CDs, and a CD with a collection of songs and christmas albums for companies cost the same, and an old track from the music catalogue licenced for tv-spots cost about $25.000 USD when the the spot is broadcasted 10.000 times per year.

• Members

View Post

Marge, sorry, but I don't need an accountant at the moment who has no clue about music marketing, please try later again

• Members

View Post

on the last 8 years I had at least a dozen names here,

hmmm, about an hour ago it was 7 years...so now an hour = a year, but as you say about that "The way of mathematics go curious ways"

I had at least a dozen names here, and after so about the 10th post all know who that asshole is

So you habitually post under alts then -- which user names were these?

Did you get approval from the HC mods for that??

• Members

View Post

Did you get approval from the HC mods for that??

I own this forum - send Craig a PM and tell him the investor asshole he is here again. Nevertheless, Craig, as well any moderator, has the right to ban anybody, including me, because of my notorius {censored}ting on the cap of nincompoops, I simply need that venting, or I beat up my look alike MargeHowel employees.

• Members

View Post

I own this forum - send Craig a PM and tell him the investor asshole he is here again. Nevertheless, Craig, as well any moderator, has the right to ban anybody, including me, because of my notorius {censored}ting on the cap of nincompoops, I simply need that venting, or I beat up my look alike MargeHowel employees.

They can ban you for all kinds of reasons, like using unauthorized alts

• Members

View Post

They can ban you for all kinds of reasons, like using unauthorized alts

yes, for example you asking stupid question and waste time about something which is none of your business,

and daddymack get pissed again, because soon I tell you what I think of you.

• Members

View Post

which is none of your business,

I'm a forum member and you aren't following the terms we joined under

send Craig a PM and tell him the investor asshole he is here again.

I sent it to daddymack instead because he's the mod listed on this forum

so - I'll just cut out and let him decide what he wants to do about it

• Members

View Post

I'm a forum member and you aren't following the terms we joined under

send Craig a PM and tell him the investor asshole he is here again.

I sent it to daddymack instead because he's the mod listed on this forum

so - I'll just cut out and let him decide what he wants to do about it

Post here what daddymack responded.

• Moderators

View Post

No need to bother Anderton, as you said: any moderator will do...hasta la vista, pobrecito.

• Moderators

View Post

yes, for example you asking stupid question and waste time about something which is none of your business,

and daddymack get pissed again, because soon I tell you what I think of you.

Goodness, gracious me, I don't get 'pissed', I just do that which I am required to do.

I was fairly tolerant as long as you behaved, Angelo/Rudolf/Einstein/Stiletto. But you had to cross the line, didn't you?

I just can't wait for the next alt...rolleyes.gif

auf wiedersehn, au revoir, adio, adios, hasta la vista, adieu, fare thee well...and good bye. wave.gif

Archived