String question for Alvarez MD60

khastra_ksc

• Members
Dean Markley Vintage Bronze strings are available in a composite gauge called "Tight Light" with the gauge becoming progressively heavier toward the lower strings. Should do what you want but I've never used them. You might also want to go to The Annex and check out the String Test. Click on "Tech Stuff" and then on "String Test."

• Members

I don't know for sure, but I believe your guitar came with 80/20's. I know my AJ60 did. And I think other MD60 owners would probably agree.

Try phosphor bronze strings. Pick your brand, but I think changing the type of string would be the best place to start. Keep using the same gauge as your try different PB brands. When you zero in on a few brands, then switch gauges.

Most of all, enjoy the ride. :thu:

As my dad always said about model railroading: don't be in such a hurry to get done. What else is there to do afterward?

• Like 1

• 11 years later...
  • Members

I want to Thank you'all for your great comments and ideas. A friend gave it to me for x-mas. It only had two strings on it. Anyway, I haven't played for 45-ish years, and I have 2 fingers bent wrong. Anyway, it's going to be a fun journey. I might even switch it for left-hander. All my fingers work but I'm righty.

I love you all and I'll keep pluggin away.

• 1 year later...