Sejong Korean Handmade Guitars

dagurasu

• Members

Anybody ever heard of them or ever played one?

Here is a link to the acoustic and custom pages of their website. I have the Korean language script installed on my computer and I don't know if their website works without it, but give it a shot and let me know what you think!

Acoustic Page:

http://sejongmusic.net/shop2/display/home.php?mode=sub&catedb=1

Custom Page:

http://sejongmusic.net/shop2/display/home.php?mode=sub&catedb=34

Their prices seem ridiculously cheap considering their top models are handmade.

For instance, this $1500 handmade model has really beautiful artwork, just look at it!

grape.jpg

:love:

I should be going to Sejong's factory when I go to Korea in April. I cannot wait to play one of these and see if the sounds and plays as good as it looks.

• Members

Antoniotsai`s Korean branch?

did a quick search to check that guys name, his inlay technique is strikingly similar to Sejong's, yet I have no clue...

I should have known you'd be the only one awake Zenbu, it's 7:41pm, dark and cold, at least it didn't rain today :thu:

edit: oh! sorry garthman, didn't think about the Europeans being awake, please excuse my negligence

• Members

did a quick search to check that guys name, his inlay technique is strikingly similar to Sejong's, yet I have no clue...

I should have known you'd be the only one awake Zenbu, it's 7:41pm, dark and cold, at least it didn't rain today
:thu:

edit:
oh! sorry garthman, didn't think about the Europeans being awake
, please excuse my negligence

No problem, dagurasu, no need to apologize. It's 11am here and snowing lightly, bugger!

• Members

Aside from the sound which is an unknown, I don't think the visual aspect would appeal to many westerners. Not that it isn't expertly done - just that the aesthetics vary from culture to culture.

Very good point, to each is own on the visuals.

As far as the sound goes, my two friends and I will find out about that in April. I really want to know how they play. Exchanging Yen into Won right now I could end up with a hell of a deal on one if the sound suits my ears :thu:

• Members

i want to take it back..

those are two different stores..

sejong guitar that you are trying to find is in kyoung ki providence..

sejong akgi is just like guitar center...carrys all kinds of guitars..

sejong guitar used to make Log guitar..the owner of sejong guitar was working in sejong akgi..~

• Members

research them carefully...when I saw an Antoniotsai in a local shop I searched and found a web site with a LOT of very unhappy customers...his instruments looked great in pics on line but up close they were very poorly made...the one I saw included...I searched the name because I was intrigued by somebody who had an Italian/Chinese sounding name. The frets on the one I saw were horrible, the inside was full of white goo and the binding was several shades of white all around...I felt like I had to wash my hands after picking it up.

Careful...it`s a jungle out there eh. The one above looks nice though, I`d consider hanging it on a wall.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

I just went into a store. Taj Mahal the American Blues Man was in there checkin out some guitars. I slung my fingers across a guitar that was a beautiful Sejong and was the closest to my reach. It sounded so nice I had to pick it up. I played a few bars of one of my tunes. Taj started playing on something so I slowed down to listen to him. I realized we were not in tune together. In a moment when he was not playing but still holding a guitar, I asked him if was in standard tuning. He nodded yes and asked "Would you like an 'A'?" I said "Sure." Got the A string tuned quickly. It was very easy as this guitar has such a true sound. It felt so nice immediately. I stepped away and tuned the guitar quickly. It resonates so well, I can get perfect pitch no problem. I sat back down and we played. Slowly Taj started something. I added a thing of mine. He responded. It was very nice to play the guitar. I had to make myself stop. The next week I came back to buy the guitar. Taj was in there again. I picked up the guitar again, knowing I was there to buy and played it thoroughly. Taj and I jammed a tune that was Jazz and hit many genres inside the 7 minutes I let myself go in this guitar shop. The guitar was very capable and gave me the confidence to even try to keep up with Taj. At some point he was sharing my licks. It is all been done before. It is more like a reminder when you play with some folks. I say to myself, "This is a fun lick." and play it. When I heard Taj play it I just laughed cause he knew it too. It was fun. I like to have fun. This guitar is fun.

I now have the guitar at home. I love this guitar and I keep it handy over my 4 others. They are very nice expensive guitars too. This one is my latest fave! Thanks for the Korean Woman who brought it with her from home when she moved here! Thats Love!

Osti!

• 10 years later...
  • Members

I taught ESL in Korea in 2010 and bought a red acoustic-electric Se Jong while I was there. She plays beautifully. Really a gem at a very reasonable price, too. She came with a custom lined hard case and built-in tuner and I think I only paid like $700. I brought her back to the states and still love her and play often. I like the slim body design and gorgeous finish. Excellent craftsmanship. Get ya one.

Archived