Case Recommendations for FG ("Dread" size)

knockwood

• Members

The lower bout is wider on the FG than a traditional dread. I want to say they are 1/2" wider.

You might want to check out one of the dread size deluxe Road Runner gig bags. The FG's fit perfect. I had a nice one that worked great with my old FG750S.

Wait a minute, did you buy an FG? :lol:

• Members

snip

Not yet. Thinking about it...
:facepalm:
I think I've developed a bit of a Yammo obsession, yo. The bang for buck is just insane in many cases (no pun intended).

knock...I've got an FG and a handfull of case. When I get home tonight I'll see how the FG730 fits...and yes, after owning an LS6, LL6, I will attest there is still a need for an FG...BTW - the LL6 is only 4 days old and I'm still working on my review...what a guitat:thu:

• Members

IMHO the Yamaha semi-hard case is excellent. It is quite rigid and well padded. Before owning it, I would never have considered anything other than a traditional hard case. The Yammo case changed my mind about this. It has so far survived at least three shipments with zero complications: Yamaha to MF, MF to me in NY, NY to Michigan. My cats also seemed to take a liking to the LL6 and got in the habit of climbing on it, knocking it over, etc. Never any damage while it was in the case, although they did knock the un-cased guitar over once, breaking the endpin and putting a small gouge on the butt...

Not yet. Thinking about it...
I think I've developed a bit of a Yammo obsession, yo. The bang for buck is just insane in many cases (no pun intended).

The FG730 is sweet. I also liked the FG750, but the sycamore may be an aquired taste. I actually like the FG750 better than the FG730 but it's super close. You should try to play both of them if you can.

• Members

knock...I've got an FG and a handfull of case. When I get home tonight I'll see how the FG730 fits...and yes, after owning an LS6, LL6, I will attest there is still a need for an FG...BTW - the LL6 is only 4 days old and I'm still working on my review...what a guitat:thu:

I agree. I'm loving Knock's LL6. The damn thing begs to be played. I want to pull it out of the case everytime I walk by it. I honestly feel it's just as strong as a fingerstyle guitar as it is a strummer. It must be due to the non traditonal dread shape and the bracing. Awesome guitar....

• Members

I went through this with my FG730S. Here's what I got, by Kaces through Guitar Center online. It's a nylon outer material and fairly sturdy and lightweight. Not like a thermo or tolex case though. I called the company and spoke to representative to obtain the exact specs to make sure it fits. Like a glove.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Kaces-Boutique-Polyfoam-Acoustic-Guitar-Case-776720-i1152649.gc

• Members

I agree. I'm loving Knock's LL6. The damn thing begs to be played. I want to pull it out of the case everytime I walk by it. I honestly feel it's just as strong as a fingerstyle guitar as it is a strummer. It must be due to the non traditonal dread shape and the bracing. Awesome guitar....

Forward shifted, un-scalloped bracing tends to do that when combined with an Engelmann and rosewood mix. :thu:

------------

Hiscox Standard LiteFlite cases fit FG's and L series guitars like a second skin, but they also fit in most dread cases. :thu:

• Members

I'm into day four on my new LL6...You are correct, I can strum it and play fingerstyle. I'm comparing the playability to a Larrivee L03R...Review to follow.

What a great sounding guitar...and I hijacked thread:facepalm:

• Members

I'm into day four on my new LL6...You are correct, I can strum it and play fingerstyle. I'm comparing the playability to a Larrivee L03R...Review to follow.

What a great sounding guitar...and I hijacked thread:facepalm:

It's OK, it's the Rick Roll guy's thread.

• Members

It's good to hear you're enjoying your new guitar. :thu:

• Members

It's good to hear you're enjoying your new guitar.
:thu:

Thanks Gary and Knock...I'm two days away from putting a new bone saddle on it. So far I have zero complaints except when the user does something stupid...

I'll post some stuff later next week...

And Knock...the FG700S I picked up last week fits fine in a standard HS case.

Archived