Alternative to Willie Nelson's Martin N20?

KristenG

• Members

Is there a modern alternative to Willie Nelson's nylon string Martin N20? Trigger?

I'm not talking about the special edition that they came out with a few years ago, but one that's similar to it now. Doesn't even have to be a nylon string. Is Trigger just a classical nylon string that's the same for all classical ones? Is the Martin 000-28VS the same size even though it's a steel string?

thanks

• Members

If you like the sound of clasical guitars,then that is the one you would want. I couldn't afford the new Martin Willie Nelson signature model,but some of those Cordoba clasicals would work for me.I have a Yamaha clasical a/e that works well.I need to get some ball end classical strings though.

I don't know too much about the Martin guitar you mentioned. A steel string always be brighter sounding than a classical nylon strings.

• Members

I don't think Martin makes any nylon string anymore. You go to their site and under that section, it's empty.

I can see what you mean about the 000-28vs though. It does look like a classical shape...with it's 12th-fret ending fretboard and all. But yeah, it's a steel-string. Plus the nut-width is WAY shorter than the 2.125" nut width on the N20.

Archived