TommyT5

• Members

The Taylor guitar website has a great video on string changes. They use a method where they cut the string to a length a little longer then the turning peg on top. I have used this method for the last few string changes and the length has always been perfect. I get 3-4 wraps on the peg "stacked like dimes". There are other cool videos as well so it is worth checking out.

You do not glue the saddle. It should fit easily in the slot (not too tight or too loose). The strings will hold it in place.

• Members

The saddle doesn't need to be glued in place. The strings hold it there. Sometimes the saddle fits snugly enough that it's not prone to falling out anyway. I'll leave the string slack question for someone else because I generally get it wrong when I change strings. Finally, it's normally not necessary to "scrub" the fingerboard and anyway some makers like Martin recommend avoiding lemon oil. A tiny amount of linseed oil on a soft cloth occasionally, followed by wiping off as much of the stuff as you can, is all you need. It doesn't hurt to go over the fingerboard with 0000 steel wool from time to time but you really don't need to scrub it and you certainly don't need an electric toothbrush.