Recommend a good inexpensive Classical Nylon Stringer?

kojdogg

• Members

I'm looking one as a gift for a friend as a starter guitar. I'm currently considering either a Lucero LC100 or a Rondo music Valencia. Does anyone here have experience with either or could you recommend some decent alternatives in that general price range?

Thanks!

• Members

hey, i picked up a cordoba ano 20, i believe its labeled, for $100. it is my first classical after playing electric for 8 years, and i couldn't be happier for what it is. sounds great, holds tuning well (if strung, stretched and cased properly) neck isn't HUGE, only thing i found fault with it is two tiny spots of finish drip on the bass side of neck. i can't seem to find anything about it online, but if you can find one, i'd recommend it.

Bought mine at daddy's junky music, by the way

later

• Members

$150 - Yamaha C40 package (laminate top, includes gig-bag)

$200 - Cordoba CP110 package (solid cedar top, includes gig-bag)

$230 - Yamaha CG111C (solid cedar top)

$300 - Cordoba C5 (solid cedar top)

You can usually get any of the above four for less (about 10-15%) if you shop right.

• Members

My first guitar was a Valencia TC14. I really can't compare it with others though because the next guitar I bought was not a beginner guitar. It served me well for my first few years playing. I just pulled it out then and was amazed by the size of the neck, but then as of late I've been playing a narrow necked steel string. Compared to my good Classical, the neck is still quite wide, so I wouldn't recommend it for a person with small hands. My teacher lowered the action after I'd been playing for about 2 years with it really quite high, it was not fun to learn barre chords on.

• Members

I'm looking one as a gift for a friend as a starter guitar. I'm currently considering either a Lucero LC100 or a Rondo music Valencia. Does anyone here have experience with either or could you recommend some decent alternatives in that general price range?

Thanks!

I read some decent reviews about the Rondo Music Valencia a while back but you are going to find that most classical guitars in the sub $200 range are going to be very similar in quality and tone. Yamaha usually gets the most recommendations in that range.

Good luck. :thu:

Archived