Godin ACS-SA problem with 1/4" output

den_gerten

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Try bypassing the 1/4 jack. It's supposed to be a switch jack [power on when plugged in/power off with nothing] and something could have gotten funky.

Make sure all the connectors are seated properly. If it was working before, there's not much that can go wrong other than the inter-connections.

• Members

and something could have gotten funky.

Make sure all the connectors are seated properly. If it was working before, there's not much that can go wrong other than the inter-connections.

A loose connection is my thought too, but everything is on a printboard, not loose wires or something like that.

Godin isn't very helpful, they just suggest to let it service, but that's my last resort, I like fixing it myself :cool:

I'm contacting the makers of the pickup and see if they have a suggestion...

It's not the same problem as mentioned in the other forum, I had that too and a new battery solved that.

• Members

This may be obvious, but did you try a different 1/4" cable to the amp? Having done that, then did you try a different amp input?

Thanks,

it was the first thing I tried. With the same cable and amp it works when I plug in the midi cable.

I got a reply from rmcpickup within 30min with 2 possible problems.

It should be one or 2 transistors that died. I will have someone swap them for me.

• Members

Thanks,

it was the first thing I tried. With the same cable and amp it works when I plug in the midi cable.

I got a reply from rmcpickup within 30min with 2 possible problems.

It should be one or 2 transistors that died. I will have someone swap them for me.

Wow! That is great service! Almost unheard of today for someone to support you doing your own component-level troubleshooting. Replacing a couple trannys is easy if you are handy and have a pencil-type soldering iron. Good luck. Did he offer to email you a schematic?

• Members

Yeah, Richard Mc is a first-class act.

He is absolutely.

Thing is i changed the 2 transistors and then nothing still worked. I took it to a local reapirman and the transistors were still good, so bad luck. I'll know more thursday.

Anyone know how I can find the electronic schemes?

• Members

What synth are you running the GK [13 pin] through?

My GR-33 has a Guitar Out jack that may run a straight signal from your guitar's preamp out. I'd play around with that for a bit. The point being, if you can get a guitar signal out through you synth then it points more to an output issue [i.e. wiring] inside your guitar.

It's tough trouble-shooting this stuff long distance. Good luck.

• 11 years later...
  • Members

Dual guitar output is not working.

When I use dual output, the 1/4 jack output from the guitar dies when the 13 pin jack is in. If I remove the 13 pin jack, the 1/4 jack output functions. I find it weird, by right the dual output should work separately esp plugged to 2 separate amplifiers. Anyone experienced this? Any thoughts?