OT QUIZ: How Milliennial Are You?

Stackabones

• Members

I scored 88.

I'm a late end Boomer, so I'm old enough to remember dial phones, black & white TV, driving a "three on the tree" stick shift....

and young-at-heart enough to have ditched the landline phone, spend time on the computer in lieu of watching TV, and enjoy texting on my cell phone.

• Members

I scored 11, too. I don't have a landline but I don't play video games or send text messages, either.

I don't watch much TV and I do read newspapers. So a low score is a good thing in my estimation.

[prince]

Act your age, not your Quiz Score!

[/prince]

:o

• Members

I got a 22. Which wouldn't be bad if I was born in the 1960s. Except I'm only 18
:facepalm:

I guess I'm just old-fashioned. And maybe that's not altogether a bad thing
:)

Right. It's some weird kind of quiz when reading a newspaper will lower your score. I hear people declare proudly that they get all their news from Jon Stewart. Nothing against him, but if you get all your news from The Daily Show, you don't know jack about what's going on in this world.

• Members

Nothing against him, but if you get all your news from The Daily Show, you don't know jack about what's going on in this world.

Yup, and how many of those who do know jack about what's going on are doing anything about it? :)

I think the quiz was just about willingness to change with the changing environment. Cell phones, video games, and social networking represent milestones in technological change.

I embrace most of it, but the social networking thing seems like an invasion of my privacy, so I opted out of that particular milestone.

• Members

Right. It's some weird kind of quiz when reading a newspaper will lower your score.

Although I know what you're trying to say I get my legitimate newspaper online so it could be said that I don't read a newspaper per say. It's the source not the medium.

Having said that, it's just an online quiz so not really credible by ANY measure.

• Members

Although I know what you're trying to say I get my legitimate newspaper online so it could be said that I don't read a newspaper per say. It's the source not the medium.

Having said that, it's just an online quiz so not really credible by ANY measure.

It's an online quiz put out by Pew Research, however, and that counts for something. They're one of the most reputable research firms in the nation and the study was done scientifically.

Reading a newspaper lowers your score because young people (Millennials, if you will) don't read newspapers as much as people in previous generations do. The lower your score, the more you share in common with people of the Baby Boomer generation.

Archived