My First All-Uke Set!

Stackabones

• Members
Hey, Tracy, do what I did. For the last month or so, I've been sneaking in the uke at sets. I'd do three git songs, and then a uke song. You'll start noticing that some songs adapt pretty easily, especially three chord tunes. IIRC you know a lot of blues & reggae tunes. Those should adapt very nicely.

Another thing I did that helped out ... I started arranging songs on guitar with capo 5 and only using the top four strings. That really got me to make the quantum leap forward for getting my sets uke-ready.

A good tenor uke is the
Lanikai LU-21TE
. Also look into Kala, for they usually have similar ukes.
MGM
at ebay has a bunch of Kalas and other great stuff that won't break the bank. Call him if you don't want to go through ebay. He's really great!

Hey Chris thanks for the helpful song/music advice and the tip about those Lanikai and Kala ukes. The electric acoustic one looks like a heck of a deal. I really did like to Fender Tenor model but it had no pickup. The idea of a tenor uke I can plug in now all of a sudden appeals to me...:cool:

• Members
Hey Chris thanks for the helpful song/music advice and the tip about those Lanikai and Kala ukes. The electric acoustic one looks like a heck of a deal. I really did like to Fender Tenor model but it had no pickup. The idea of a tenor uke I can
plug in
now all of a sudden appeals to me...
:cool:

No problem! :wave:

Did you see the Fender Pa'ina? :cool:

• Members

Pretty cool! Can you play "While my Guitar gently weeps"? I saw a post on youtube,the guy is totaly amazing!

Nooooooooooooooo!

Kidding, carry on..

...sorta kidding anyway. Ok, kidding.

• Members

No doubt, he's excellent! When I was younger, "Smoke on the Water" was THE song in high school. I loved that song.... until it was all I heard on the radio ;).

But Jake is a superior musician whose case I would love to carry. That has no sexual innuendo by the way...

Archived