Uke neck + Violin body

Stackabones

• Members

Makes perfect sense to me. Then again, that probably says more about me than the merit of the idea. ;) I mean, they make archtop ukuleles. This is just the next logical progression. Anyway, obviously, it needs a name like "banjitar" for a combination banjo/guitar. I have two suggestions off the top of my head (and no, one of them isn't "dandruff," LOL): "violele" and "ukelin."

• Members

Speaking of odd-uke-mania, I recently found a mandolinetto (a mandolin w/ a tiny guitar-shaped body) at an estate sale...needs a lot of work but once looked a lot like this one, and will again, eventually:

mandolin_7.jpg

Think, once finished, I'm going to string it kinda like a tiple (.010/.010, .012/.026, .015/.034, .010/.022), and tune it (GgCcEeAA). Always wanted a tiple, but never run across one.

47t28ful.jpg

Martin tiple

• Members

Sorry to hijack, but Starrshine--how's that ukelin working for you? The clip sounds pretty good, but maybe like you can only play the long, slow notes... Any other clips of it?

Honestly, I have not touched in years! I will look and see if I have any more recordings. You can get pretty fast on it with practice. What is cool about it is that it vibrates through your body when you play it.

Bob

Archived