NGD! Me first classical guitar.

2pacHendrix

• Members

Hey guys

Actually I got this guitar 8 days ago, but whatever. I traded with my guitar teacher for a week to see if I like it and I did so I decided to keep it. I've taken the option to learn how to play classical guitar. So far, it's a little challenging with the thick neck, but I've gotten used to it.

Anyway, more about the guitar. It's a late 1990's Aria AC-35, Made in Spain. It has a Red Cedar top and sounds great. I'm looking to learn some spanish style songs since my dad and I are going to Spain when I graduate high school. So does anyone have any cool spanish licks I could learn?

All in all, I'm really excited to learn how to play classical guitar. Though, I can't read music, I think it can only benefit me and I've been looking for something new to play on the guitar for a while.

EDIT: I'll get some photos up later, sorry to keep you guys from teh pics!!

EDIT2: Here are pics:

IMG_3892.jpg

IMG_3889.jpg

IMG_3890.jpg

IMG_3891.jpg

And here she is with my baby:

IMG_3897.jpg

IMG_3896.jpg

• Members

Hey guys

Actually I got this guitar 8 days ago, but whatever. I traded with my guitar teacher for a week to see if I like it and I did so I decided to keep it. I've taken the option to learn how to play classical guitar. So far, it's a little challenging with the thick neck, but I've gotten used to it.

Anyway, more about the guitar. It's a late 1990's Aria AC-35, Made in Spain. It has a Red Cedar top and sounds great. I'm looking to learn some spanish style songs since my dad and I are going to Spain when I graduate high school.
So does anyone have any cool spanish licks I could learn
?

All in all, I'm really excited to learn how to play classical guitar. Though, I can't read music, I think it can only benefit me and I've been looking for something new to play on the guitar for a while.

EDIT: I'll get some photos up later, sorry to keep you guys from teh pics!!

Check out the works of Villa-Lobos, he's Brazillian but Segovia played some of his etudes. Don't know how long you've been playing cause some of his stuff can be challenging especially for the right hand.

• Members

Pictures are up!

Check out the works of Villa-Lobos, he's Brazillian but Segovia played some of his etudes. Don't know how long you've been playing cause some of his stuff can be challenging especially for the right hand.

Thanks, man. I'll check him out, hopefully it won't be too hard.

• Members

I would say look up some Tarrega, He is considered by many the father of classical guitar and one of the most revered composers in Spain. His pieces sound much more spanish as well as being much easier to learn(I don't know your level but the Lobos Preludes are Freshman level pieces and the Etudes are Senior level at a Music University or Conservatory)

Some pieces to check out are Adelita, Lagrima, Etude in E minor, Capricho Arabe, Tango, Recuerdos de la Alhambra, Grans Vals. Another none Tarrega pieces is Romance(sometimes called Spanish Romance, Romanza and a few other names).

~Aaron

Archived