• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Absentee Postings

Absentee Post from: tbryson

Title: Gotta find a way

Credits: Tbryson

tbryson Comments:

My first attempt at strictly finger style. A simple pattern. Thats not an easy thing to learn either...anyway, wrote this as I was learning. Kinda syrupy...

Gotta Find a Way

You remember last July

When I was telling you all those lies

I didn't understand

What it means to be a man

I know I

• Members

Ahhhh... lovely, lovely VOM :) How I look forward to thee each and every month! Thanks (in advance) for all the great music I'll be listening to!

Title: Mr. Brownstone

Originally By: Guns 'n Roses

From Appetite For Destruction, anyone familiar with the song will instantly recognize the changes to my VOM1T rendition of this tune. The version you'll be hearing is more of a mellow "chilling around the campfire" version of the song.

[YOUTUBE]uCTLlNiDjes[/YOUTUBE]

As the tune is VOM1T, you'll probably notice a few more flubs than usual... probably most notable at the end of where the solo break should be. But, overall, I liked the version that I recorded (even if it doesn't have vocals)

Hopefully, you'll enjoy it as well ;)

• Members

I am just back from 10 weeks in Rome, and wrote this song there just before leaving. One of those that sort of wrote itself--chock full of images and experiences from the summer. It's a tribute to the city but also to my colleague Lauren (last month's VOM submission also a song for/about her), a truly remarkable friend who will always be in my Pantheon.

The recording was done in the living room of my apartment, and what you hear is the first time I played the song all the way through. There are large open windows on three walls of the room, so you hear sporadic background noise from the city 3 floors below. Also, if you listen you can hear church bells just before the music starts. That was a happy coincidence, since church bells are mentioned in the song.

Recorded on a Zoom H2. The guitar is my $9.99 pawnshop special Chinese plywood dread.

http://www.box.net/shared/o1nyl1krm0

PantheonInside.jpg

Pantheon

• Members

I wrote this song in the early 1990s after Nashville producer Robert Metzgar asked me to write something mainstream country. Actually, I wrote another song along with this one, but, everyone thought this would be a big hit and after a recording session one night the artist, an up-and-coming young kid was killed in an auto accident. So, the song was shelved.

This is the first time I have recorded it since the early 90s.

Here are the lyrics...

Country Girl

• Members

I was all set to use the Music Hosting method but found out my user name is not on the list there so a Soundclick post will have to do.

This is a song inspired by a lyricist I've been collaborating with named Sue Mrithujayan. I say inspired because she sent me some lyrics to make a song with and I actually ended up writing a whole new song using concepts from her lyrics. I give her writing credit for the inspiration.

This is my first take recording of the song called "Everything To Me"

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8623691

• Members

Again, I'm surprised by the quality of these entries.

Stack: lol. No guitar! Brilliant. I really enjoyed your lyrics. and shaking!

Fendouglas: I love this song, It really struck a chord with me... It reminds me of an England that can only be found in a quiet country pub in the peak district. I love the guitar sound and the vocals. What did you use to record?

Mr. Rambert: I loved your intro to the song and the song it's self too. I wish I could play all the parts to a song like that.

FussenKuh: I love that song. It sure as hell looks like a fun one to play! Who needs an Electric guitar when you can play like that!

Michael Martin I wish I could write a song that good! I loved it, dripped with emotion.

Kwak: I think you are a good song writer I enjoyed it a lot, now you've got your feet wet I guarantee you won't look back :cool:

T Bryson; I like your song, the chorus has a really good hook in it and although the lryrics are 'simple' (and I don't mean that in a bad way) it works very well. Some of the best songs ever written have simple lyrics (John Lennon for example) I really like the song.

I did write a lot more but HC went down and I lost most of it :(

So I'll have to write the rest up again later.

• Members

g'morning....Got The Word Blues....original. seagull.zoom.vom1t. i'm sure this group rarely finds themselves at a loss for words....for very long anyway....stay hyp...pg

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=908060&songID=9491588

so much has already been said

understood what you wanted

then i dropped the stupid game

discussions of hope on the bridge

always'll wonder 'bout what it was

just don't know what it was

i think i'm out of words

i might be out of words

i can't find the words, the words aren't coming

but my mind has already exploded

finding visions to talk about

thought we'd always smirk at each other

see the future in a looking glass

the future will be there waiting

it's what petty said about waiting

i'm looking for the words

i'm listening for the words

i think i hear the words, the words just keep a'coming

• Members

Lots of good stuff here.

Gil, I love the melody. The imagery of this song really grabbed me.

E.R. the "cheese organ" sounded good, like the guitar accents.

Michael, very atmospheric... love the photograph, too.

Stack, you didn't miss a beat. :)

Kwak... nice guitar work, ramblin' songs are tough to keep flowing, nice job.

Fendouglas... my image of olde-world pubs was just shattered.

TBryson, nice guitar work and there is nothing wrong with syrupy lyrics.

Lots of philosophical content this time around. I love that in music.

• Members

Jeez, it's been a long time. The explanation starts out "The Gods conspired . . .". But my Hummingbird is back in one piece and sounds as good as ever! Evidence of 1 take abounds on this original entitled (My Baby's Got the) House Full of Guitars

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=804016&songID=9498956

Hope you've all been well.

Branson

• Members

'sup dawg.

here we go again.

I'm a little stiff, I know; but hey- @ my age that's considered a good thing.

Written by George Harrison

Arranged by Laurence Juber

Tuning: DADGAD

Guitar: Larrivee OM-50TSB

[YOUTUBE]fS2MVoXWLq8&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Sorry guys, couldn't record anything lately as my cat passed away yesterday, and I am going through a nasty divorce.

Speaking of which, I wrote this song to try and cheer myself up as I was feeling real down one night. It's called "Me... in Tahiti".

http://mojotwanger.wordpress.com/2010/07/13/mojotwanger-com-me-in-tahiti-original-song/

I just needed to decide to put the hurt behind, to still acknowledge it, but to realize that it was time to move on...

A song I wrote about that time when something really bad happened to you, and you decide to leave it behind. You

• Members

Sorry guys, couldn't record anything lately as my cat passed away yesterday, and I am going through a nasty divorce.

Speaking of which, I wrote this song to try and cheer myself up as I was feeling real down one night. It's called "Me... in Tahiti".

I just needed to decide to put the hurt behind, to still acknowledge it, but to realize that it was time to move on...

A song I wrote about that time when something really bad happened to you, and you decide to leave it behind. You

Archived