How much do you think Willie Nelson's guitar would be worth..................

KATMAN

• Members

............If he didn't use it as his #1 guitar? Or if some plain Joe had a guitar like it,had friends to sign it,had a huge hole,and been bondoed together? Willie's "Trigger" is worth millions just because he plays it.Same as Paul McCartney's "Beatle" bass.I read an article where Willie bought his beloved guitar for $750. Now Martin is selling the same model classical for a mere $5500. They discontinued the model years ago,but because of Willie,they decided to resurect it.There sure is something special about guitar players and their instruments!

I don't we will ever know the answer,I think he'll buried with it. What do you all think?

• Members

Katman a had to laugh as i note he uses such a guitar with the big hole in it :)

I guess with his rugged features he suits such a guitar lol but he is unique

and i went onto youtube other day check him out when he was

in Glasgow's Royal Concert Hall on 8th June this year 2010 and seen him with his old trusty guitar with the large hole in it..

But how much is it worth who knows ? I doubt it shall ever be sold as it shall be a National treasure :)

but belonging to Willie Nelson whom has been such an icon for many yrs now..sure would be worth a gd few bob.. but my line above holds true

that guitar shall not be sold..

A reckon his guitar shall end up in "some museum" somewhere in the USA when Willie leaves us and along with his famous pigtails

in which he had gotten cut off according to the local newspaper report here

at the time

he just had got fed up with the upkeep of them and decided to get them chopped off just sometime before his Glasgow show which i noticed

on the you tube video

His guitar may end up along with these pigtails somewhere in Nashville for instance ?

Anyhow ive always been a long time admirer of his

the reason i got his painting put on ma guitars p/guard recently :)

• Members

Doubt he'll ever sell it...and after his passing, it'll very likely end up in the Country Music Hall Of Fame or some such similar place of worship.

As would only be right.
:cool:

^This. And, I'd also say it's worth more than I'd ever pay for it and a LOT more than I'd let it go for if I actually owned it. It really needs to be on display at the CM Hall of Fame, so everyone can see it. Or, what's left of it when Willie is done with it. The way he's going, it could implode and turn to dust before Willie leaves this old world!

• Members

If it was ever sold, it would probably be auctioned through an outfit like Christie's. It would most likely bring several million. It's all according to how big a Willie Nelson fan the bidder is. Also, an instrument so universally famous would be one hell of an investment, even though it looks like a junkyard. I've always been amazed at what beautiful sound Willie gets out of that guitar.

• Members

For reference, its a '69 Martin N-20. Blue Book says that in excellent condition it would be $3,000 - 3,750. In merely average condition, it would be $1,800 - 2,200.

If Trigger belong to a regular Joe who busted the heck out of it like Willie did and had all his friends sign it, it would certainly be well under$1,500. It might even be less than Kujozilla's estimate of a grand, because while the hole is clearly not causing any structural problems, a gaping hole in your guitar sort of hurts the resale value. :lol:

• Members

Depends on whether it has tartanlad's pickguard on it
:p

:lol: Well he can do with covering that large hole in his guitar lol

But then again he wouldnt look quite right without

the hole in his guitar wouldnt he :)

That guitar is Guaranteed to end up in the Country Music Hall Of Fame

which would only be right and id love to see it one day.

• Members

Only thing is if Willie Nelson got a new Martin it just wouldnt look nice with

him playing a new guitar as he's his own man

with that old guitar with the rather big hole in it scrathes and all
:)

Yep, that old beat up guitar is as much a part of his show as he himself is. No way could he come on stage with a shiny new guitar. It just wouldn't be the same.

If a man buys a good guitar to begin with, and treats it with utmost care, it'll last a lifetime.

Or, he can buy a good guitar to begin with, beat the hell out of it for 40 years, and still make it work!

• Members

Yep, that old beat up guitar is as much a part of his show as he himself is. No way could he come on stage with a shiny new guitar. It just wouldn't be the same.

Exactly Opa..you know yourself it just wouldnt be the same Willie Nelson

with a brand new Martin :)

He has style and prefers used.. a bit like masel :lol:

• 10 years later...
  • 3 months later...