Sign in to follow this  
Theflyingturtle

Anyone have a Steve Patience Guitar?

Still looking for that Budget Boutique, eh?

A few people have traded them over at the AGF -- you might want to search for them there.

I don't know. I am open to anything but since I don't run in circles with luthiers so I have started trying out everything I can that is local. Everyone tells me to try as many guitar as I can so I have a better frame of refrence. Then I can decide on what I really want. If something catches my ear along the way then great. I wish there was a way to speed up the process but I haven't come up with any alternative yet.

No experience with Patience (in any sense, LOL) but if you're anywhere near St. Louis, Joshua Borsack, who is a forum member, makes guitars and they're quite reasonably priced considering they're all custom builds.

They sell on Ebay , preowned, starting at about $1300 for the Maple, and going to about $1600 for the Rosewood or exotic woods.,other then Koa or Braz, which would cost quite a bit more.

New, i think they are base priced at about $2400 obo.

Most of his guitars are 16" lower bout, and have a reduced waist.

Nitro finish, solid woods, all hand made.

Usually he uses "0" plastic on his guitars.

Very Good value at the pre-owned price range.

On 12/10/2010 at 11:29 PM, Theflyingturtle said:

There's one for sale locally but I cannot find anything about it other than the guy sells guitars on ebay. Anyone?

I had Steve make me a custom Grand Concert out of walnut back and sides and redwood top. Best sounding guitar I have. My others are Martins. He was a wonder guitar maker. Passed away.