Virtual Open Mic This Sunday!

Stackabones

• Members
Yeah, I'm really just kidding. I do several James Taylor songs and others. Something in the Way She Moves is a great song.

I'll go on record as saying that I much prefer JT's "Something in the Way She Moves" to George Harrison's "Something," which was, ahem, inspired by the as-yet-then unreleased Taylor song, while they were both recording at Trident. Harrison apparently does an uncredited turn on "Carolina on My Mind," from the same JT debut. Taylor has said that he had intended to call "Something in the Way She Moves Me" "I Feel Fine," (a line from the song) but the Beatles had already done a song with that title. Nice guy, that JT. ;)

• Members

Didn't Sinatra say that
Something
was one of the greatest love songs ever written?

He did. But he also thought it was a Lennon/McCartney song. (Poor George never got any respect.)

How does the Virtual Open Mic work, btw? Is it just posting to Youtube?

• Members

bluzboy, I'll start a thread on Sunday where forumites will post links of their submissions. You can link anything -- youtube, soundclick, etc etc. They are later put on the VOM Archive Site (click link in my sig).

But everything happens here at HCAG. Check out last month's VOM to get a feel for how it happens ...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2727156-VOM-36-Virtual-Open-Mic-HCAG-Second-Sunday-January-9-2011

• Members

Yeah I was thinking it was time for another one. I kinda of have my recording room messed with from doing another project in there (heading over briefly to the dark side with a new Strat that I put together) but I will get some something done. Ain't sure what yet but it will be what it will be.

Tony

• Members

LOL. Neil, you just keep getting better and better, so I'm looking forward to hearing you again this month.
:)

Thanks, guys, but I like to sing Eagles tunes and as I age I'm finding that I can't sing that high anymore. I've tried using a capo but on some songs I just can't find the right key.

• Members

bluzboy
, I'll start a thread on Sunday where forumites will post links of their submissions. You can link anything -- youtube, soundclick, etc etc. They are later put on the VOM Archive Site (click link in my sig).

Thanks, Stackabones! Don't know that I'll be able to get it together by then, but I'll make it one of these days.

Archived