NBD: Epiphone EB-0

Stackabones

• Members

New Bass Day!

Just traded some stuff in at GC and this came home with me. Short-scale bass for guitarists! With the trade-in and the 15% off coupon for this weekend, it came to $22. I'm calling her Francine.

Now I just need a giggable amp for small rooms! Any recs?

• Members

New Bass Day!

Just traded some stuff in at GC and this came home with me. Short-scale bass for guitarists! With the trade-in and the 15% off coupon for this weekend, it came to $22. I'm calling her Francine.

Now I just need a giggable amp for small rooms! Any recs?

Holy crap, you stole the thing! The Fender Rumble series of bass amps are more than decent and not too spendy.

• Members

Crate makes some nice small bass amps, but I'd look for at least 75 watts...that translates into about 35 watts of guitar amplification.

Cranking a small bass amp may not be the sound you're looking for...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/msg/2378547173.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/msg/2369772803.html (needs new spkr., but a heck of a deal!)

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/msg/2367800352.html

• Members

Anything I get will be through GC trade-in, TAH. Thanks for doing the CL legwork for me.

Perhaps you could give me your opinion on this, TAH. I've got a Behringer B212A Powered PA. Just plugged it straight into it and it sounds ok -- would a DI be better or something? Would this work for my bedroom/small-gig needs? Any concerns? I can mount it on a pole, too.

UPDATE: Just got a thumbs up from Mr. Grumpy over in the Bass forum about the Behringer. He also recommended that I run it through this ...

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/BDI21.aspx

• Members

Anything I get will be through GC trade-in, TAH. Thanks for doing the CL legwork for me.

Perhaps you could give me your opinion on this, TAH. I've got a
Behringer B212A Powered PA
. Just plugged it straight into it and it sounds ok -- would a DI be better or something? Would this work for my bedroom/small-gig needs? Any concerns? I can mount it on a pole, too.

UPDATE: Just got a thumbs up from Mr. Grumpy over in the Bass forum about the Behringer. He also recommended that I run it through this ...

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/BDI21.aspx

Yeah, those are pretty nice Powered cabs...can you get one at GC?

Had one of those Bass DIs, and it's also great for acoustic guitar, as well...likely uke, too. :thu:

• Members

'Tain't fair, I tells ya. 22 bucks?! I paid 75 for a 15-year-old used bass that needed new tuners and pots. (Of course, I found it on CraigsList and didn't trade anything but still . . .) As for amps, see what they have used. Peavey is always a good bet. Plan on spending $125-150 (before trades) or so unless you get lucky. If you buy new, check out Acoustic. Fair amount of bang-for-the-buck. No experience with them though so I can't say as far as quality is concerned. I do know my 60 Watt SWR is a little champ.

• Members

DeepEnd, I love Peavey Amps. My main gig git amp for years was a Peavey Bandit 65. I even toured with it.

btw, I went and did a bit more trading-in tonight. Got a bunch of stuff out of the living room (which had been in my recently-cleared-out-and-now-closed storage unit for years). I'll post an NGD soon.

• Members

Congrats!!! I did the same thing about a year ago... Used up an in store credit and brought home my squire bass for $70 out of pocket. I love that bass and so does my bass player buddy. He's always trying to con me into selling it to him. As a noob, guitarist, playing bass has really helped in my learning to play guitar.

• Members

Congrats!!! I did the same thing about a year ago... Used up an in store credit and brought home my squire bass for $70 out of pocket. I love that bass and so does my bass player buddy. He's always trying to con me into selling it to him. As a noob, guitarist, playing bass has really helped in my learning to play guitar.

I converted my Squier bass into a fretless...added a Leo Quann bridge and it's turned into a keeper! :)

• Members

Sweet. I have a Carlo Robelli cheap-o EB-3 clone, bought used via ebay a few yrs ago. I thought it was short-scale, having confused EB-0s and EB-3s. I wish it was short scale--I've played your Epi in GC before, and love that shorter neck.

But I do like the sound of my EB-3 copy--that massive neck PU is so cataclysmically dark. And even for a bass, the damn thing weighs a ton. Gotta play it sitting down.

Archived