VOM Reminder -- Virtual Open Mic

Stackabones

• Members
That's what I said. Through the history of the English language,
he
has covered everyone -- male and female -- unless you are feminist grammar nazi. And, if you are, you need to more closely examine English herstory.
;)

Well I may be a grammar nazi, but I do try to keep it in check. :) Not a feminist by any stretch--although I think PC language influence may be changing the universal "he". Sort of like how "Ms." used to sound weird and now it's a commonplace.

• Members

Winner! Winner! Chicken dinner!

I've been working hard on the little lead part he does before the last verse and at the end of the song, but I can't promise it will be flawless come recording time.

Excellent!

Years ago I tried figuring out that riff, and ended up suspecting there was more than one guitar involved on the recording. Nowadays I'm not so sure.

But that's great that you're doing this song. For me, it's the ultimate Ian Anderson guitar style signature song. Plus it's just a really fab and quirky tune. Can't wait to hear it.

• Members

Excellent!

Years ago I tried figuring out that riff, and ended up suspecting there was more than one guitar involved on the recording. Nowadays I'm not so sure.

But that's great that you're doing this song. For me, it's the ultimate Ian Anderson guitar style signature song. Plus it's just a really fab and quirky tune. Can't wait to hear it.

I found the tab for it, about a year ago, and learned it pretty quickly. I learned it, mind you, I haven't mastered it. Most of it is an arpeggio-style picking pattern but for the life of me, it becomes the source of most flubs when I play it. It really is simple to play, but my picking is usually what messes it up. On the positive side, I've been using it to practice technique.

Archived