VOM 45 -- Virtual Open Mic @ HCAG, Second Sunday, October 9, 2011

Stackabones

• Members

Thanks for the kind words about my submission. I had the kids this week end so I wanted to spend my time with them, but here I am circling back to listen to this month' batch of goodness...

FussenKuh I enjoyed the tune and the picture in picture stuff. What software did you use for that?

Stack: Man I always enjoy the heck out of your stuff - no exception this time around, either. Your tracks always make me want to catch you in a live setting.

Starrshine: Having recently purchased a mando again after some time without one, I was quite partial to your track :)

Michael: Another mando track that makes me wish I'd done the same... maybe next month. As always, impressed by your phrasing when you sing. So very unique.

garthman: inexpensive mics & 12-string guitars always make for that cool swirling effect. Worked wonder on that track!

hypcollector: I enjoyed that ditty very much. The vibe was perfect. Thank you.

Sir Cecil Figg: I agree with FussenKuh, that took me by surprise in a fun way. Variety being the spice of life and all that :)

TSMusic: You have such a recognizable style, which I guess is what we're all striving for.

Frets99: Brother Frets! Great song choice. And I like the way you changed the rhythm cadence and made it your own.

kujozilla: Another song, the vibe of which I enjoyed. Perfect Sunday stuff... even on a Monday Tuesday :)

fastblueheeler: Totally made me want to go back and find my harmonica! Great stuff

sixgunner455: I always loved that song. Haven't done it live in forever, thanks for the reminder. I also like that your vocal register is higher than Travis' - it breathes new life into the well-known tune.

Benzem: What a great song...

Frets99:
Brother Frets! Great song choice. And I like the way you changed the rhythm cadence and made it your own.

Thanks. Sometimes making it my own is as simple as I couldn't do it the original way anyway! :D But I did have fun changing that one up. :)

• Members

FussenKuh
I enjoyed the tune and the picture in picture stuff. What software did you use for that?

Thanks! As for the software, It's the free Movie Maker software that came with Win XP with a few config file tweaks that let me hack in some basic PiP stuff

• Members

Thank you, man! I use the home edition ($50) Sony Vegas mostly.

Cool. I might have to check it out. I've been mostly happy with just using (and tweaking) the Movie Maker software that comes with Win XP, but, pulling off stuff like PiP is a pain. If it's easy to sync the vids, $50 seems like a rather reasonable price to pay for the convenience

• Members

Cool. I might have to check it out. I've been mostly happy with just using (and tweaking) the Movie Maker software that comes with Win XP, but, pulling off stuff like PiP is a pain. If it's easy to sync the vids, $50 seems like a rather reasonable price to pay for the convenience

I have been using the Sony Vegas for the past couple of months as well and while there is a learning curve, there is a lot of goodies in that software. You can download it and play with it for free for 30 days and I just got mine on a special they had for $39.

Tony

• Members
I have been using the Sony Vegas for the past couple of months as well and while there is a learning curve, there is a lot of goodies in that software. You can download it and play with it for free for 30 days and I just got mine on a special they had for $39.

Tony

Annnnnnd... they have a trial version for me to toy around with :thu:

My first impression: Picture-in-Picture can take me 10-15 minutes to get things hacked together just right in Windows Movie Make. It's taken me 45 seconds to do the same in Vegas... with complete control of how large and where the PiP is located (something that's near impossible in Movie Maker). NICE!

Above and beyond that, like you said, there seems to be a bevy of other options of all different kinds to play with. I think I'm sold.

Archived