Strings for Godin Multiac Spectrum SA

Count Dissident

• Members

that guitar is a solid body no? im not 100 percent sure, if it is a solid body i would stick with electric strings, a phos bronze string wouldnt make a difference, if the guitar uses a piezo pickup or magnetic pickup either string would work just fine, maybe you should try out the DR ZEBRA strings, they will give you the best of both worlds and are a 50/50 mix...good luck!

• Members

that guitar is a solid body no? im not 100 percent sure, if it is a solid body i would stick with electric strings, a phos bronze string wouldnt make a difference, if the guitar uses a piezo pickup or magnetic pickup either string would work just fine, maybe you should try out the DR ZEBRA strings, they will give you the best of both worlds and are a 50/50 mix...good luck!

Its actually a chambered body,slim but not solid. Piezo w/ lipstick pickup. I have never been a fan of the DR strings but the DR Zebra strings are a thought. I was actually trying to decide between the Elixir .012 electric nanoweb and .012 acoustic nanoweb strings.

• Members

i play taylors so i am very accustomed to the elixers, the dr zebras are a great string, have those on my john lennon acoustic, if the godin has a piezo and lipstick i would try the zebras out, the bronze will give you acoustic tone with the little bit of hollowness that guitar has and the nickel will work awesome with the lipstick, no matter what string you decide to use im sure itll sound good, theres a misconception that phos bronze strings will not work with magnetic pickups and thats false, you just need to find the string you fell comfortable with and that has the tone your looking for

• Members

Yeah, those or GHS's White Bronze...both sets were designed specifically for acoustics w/ mags.

• Members

Thanks for the responses!! I will definitely consider both the DR's and the GHS's. The only thing is that I prefer coated strings which is why I was leaning towards the Elixirs or possibly another brand that makes coated strings. Tone would definitely be my first priority,but tone + coated would be ideal.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I am back reviving my year old post. As I said in my last post,I prefer coated strings so I decided to stay away from the zebras and the white bronze. I settled on the Elixir nanoweb electric strings and they have worked out fine but I am curious about the Elixir 80/20 acoustic strings. It says on the box that they are made "with ANTI RUST plain steels" so I was wondering if they would work well with the magnetic pickup? I was also considering trying a coated nickel wound string but I cannot find any brand that makes them with a wound G string. BTW,any other suggestions would be welcome too.

Thanks!

-Count

Archived