Why is it that hard finding a 12 string Washburn Woodstock?

Northstar

• Members

It's all in the math for these sorts of things: (Number built) x (percentage of unhappy owners + percentage of broke owners who know how to sell on the net)/ percentage of days of the week you look = Almost 0. Since Not as many of those built as say Squier strats; most people (like yourself) don't want to get rid of them; being acoustic players they are less likely to be broke; and since you spend much of your time raising sprouts and reading Walden, you don't look that often.

Kind of like Drakes equation for intelligent life in the Universe.....

Be happy with one.

Seek: and ye shall find. If one is available, that is.

• Members

I guess you must've missed this one.

Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

• Members

"being acoustic players they are less likely to be broke" Put that in there based on somewhat limited idea that acoustic players usually (usually) don't spend a ton on effects pedals and Bugera amps. Could be wrong. Like looking for intelligent life (in the universe or anywhere else for that matter), many assumptions are made based on conjecture.

• Members

Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Is that because you're in Canada? If so, why not use a proxy server that'll hide your Canadian IP address.

• Members

Is that because you're in Canada? If so, why not use a proxy server that'll hide your Canadian IP address.

I managed to go to the item without a proxy. The auction was already over.

Anyway, I had seen that one and I'm more interested in the older Woodstocks with the two knobs beside the neck. Not the newer ones with an Equis preamp on the side of the guitar.

Thanks anyway!

• 7 years later...
  • Members
On 11/5/2011 at 9:06 PM, Northstar said:

I've got one but I've been looking for years on eBay to acquire another one and they just don't pop up!!

It's maddening...

Did you ever find one? lol it took me ages to find one, im now selling it if you are interested. Its a Washburn Woodstock 12-A.

IMG_20190930_161621.jpg

IMG_20190930_161906.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived