The Official Amazing Guitar Deals Thread

Galabar

• Members

Given that some folks are averse to having all these guitar deal threads floating around (many posted by me), I propose that we try to consolidate them into a single thread. That way, they will be easily found (and easily ignored by those who aren't interested). Please feel free to post deals that you think are amazing on guitars (or other gear) and I'll update the top post.

Also, please feel free to post in your own threads if you like -- I'm just going to maintain this thread for like minded, deal hunting individuals. :) Also, please don't be put off by the "Official" title -- it is really only official in my own mind. ;)

Some Guidlines on things that may make it into the top thread:

• Item at a particular online retailer that is priced lower than anywhere else.

• Item that is being cleared out by several online dealers with price much lower than the item has sold for previously.

• New Old Stock Ebay item with low Buy-It-Now price or low no-reserve starting bid from authorized dealer.

• Newly available online coupon or discount.

Other things that folks might be interested in:

• Used Ebay items with low Buy-It-Now price from reputable seller.

• Local Craigslist deals (these will not be posted in the top thread).

• Local music store that is clearing out inventory.

• Anything that makes you think "Wow, that is an amazing deal!" :)

• Any deal you've gotten that you want to brag about. :)

Amazing Guitar Deals:

*The Musician's Friend Stupid Deal of the Day can sometimes be pretty good to amazing. Also check out their clearance and Scratch 'N Dent items.

Amazing Gear Deals:

Ebay items of interest:

* Be sure to check out New Old Stock on Ebay. There are some amazing deals there.

Online Retailer Coupons

*These sites seem to have good lists of current guitar related coupons

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not sure if this counts, but I'll put it up here anyway :).

I picked up a nearly brand new Gretsch G5120 with the OHSC, an American-made Fender Princeton Chorus, a guitar stand, a guitar cable, and some other goodies for $600. Needless to say, it was absolutely a steal! I was more interested in the guitar/case combo, but when the guy offered to throw in the amp and the other stuff, I couldn't pass it up.

I realize that's a once-in-a-lifetime kind of deal, but I still think the Gretsch G5120's a great guitar for the price. Yeah, it's an Electromatic and yeah, it's made in Korea (at least mine was...might've outsourced to China by now), but it's a sweet sounding instrument. I've only picked up my Epiphone LP three or four times since I bought the Gretsch---it's amazing. I think they sell new for $550 or so, and that seems like a pretty doggone good deal to me.

• Members

Not sure if this counts, but I'll put it up here anyway
:)

I picked up a nearly brand new Gretsch G5120 with the OHSC, an American-made Fender Princeton Chorus, a guitar stand, a guitar cable, and some other goodies for $600. Needless to say, it was absolutely a steal! I was more interested in the guitar/case combo, but when the guy offered to throw in the amp and the other stuff, I couldn't pass it up.

I realize that's a once-in-a-lifetime kind of deal, but I still think the Gretsch G5120's a great guitar for the price. Yeah, it's an Electromatic and yeah, it's made in Korea (at least mine was...might've outsourced to China by now), but it's a sweet sounding instrument. I've only picked up my Epiphone LP three or four times since I bought the Gretsch---it's amazing. I think they sell new for $550 or so, and that seems like a pretty doggone good deal to me.

Very cool. Yes, I think bragging about one time deals is just fine for this thread. I certainly like to hear about them. :thu: I'll only add the ongoing (available) deals to the top of the thread though.

My personal one time deals:

Takamine TAN77 OM new with small scratch on bottom: $899 (usually $1799)

Larrivee SD-50 new/old stock: $1175 (usually at least $2200, but $1899 right now for 2007 models at Notable Guitar).

I think this is going to be a very fun thread. :)

• Members

My best deal:

Guild GAD25 - New factory 2nd, but I couldn't find a scratch or an imperfection. Guild customarily stamps "used" on the back of the headstock on their factory overruns and 2nds.

I paid: $389 w/ HSC

New list: (MF) $649 w/ HSC

Great deal! Love those GADs too. Great bang for the buck.

• Members

My best deal:

Guild GAD25 - New factory 2nd, but I couldn't find a scratch or an imperfection. Guild customarily stamps "used" on the back of the headstock on their factory overruns and 2nds.

Sweet! :)

Is it used on any of the recordings on your website?

• Members

ok heres 3 of the better acoustic deals ive found,pawn shops are your friend.

1972 guild d-25r-found it in a local pawn shop for $55

1970 Yamaha FG140 found in a different local pawn shop for $65

2004 Martin D15GT traded for a marshall mg series head i got off craigslist for $80.

• Members

ok heres 3 of the better acoustic deals ive found,pawn shops are your friend.

1972 guild d-25r-found it in a local pawn shop for $55

1970 Yamaha FG140 found in a different local pawn shop for $65

2004 Martin D15GT traded for a marshall mg series head i got off craigslist for $80.

Wow, those blow away my deals. :)

• Members

so you are after deals that are currently on offer? Great...if we all lived in the same neighborhood...or deals that have no time limit. So...I deleted what I had posted, guess it didn`t fit the mold and since I`m on the other side of the world the deals youse have access to aren`t gonne be of any value to me and vice versa.

• Members

when I was looking for a decent classical a couple of years ago - i stumbles across a Spainish made brand named "Lucida " which is a off brand of Prudencio saez ( think i spelled that right ) the model i bought was 777 - which is solid EIR back and sides - solid Ceder top ( very good quality top ) african hog neck with ebony fretboard as well as decent spainish made tuners ( which i personnally replaced with schallers - thou they wernt that bad ) cost around 650 - with a half way decent vintage style case . Ive posted this before , but just wanted to share it here -I was told by someone that its the only classical youd ever need - they were right , its a great guitar - at a bargain price !

• Members

so you are after deals that are currently on offer? Great...if we all lived in the same neighborhood...or deals that have no time limit. So...I deleted what I had posted, guess it didn`t fit the mold and since I`m on the other side of the world the deals youse have access to aren`t gonne be of any value to me and vice versa.

The top post will have mostly online deals that are currently available. These will probably mostly be US based companies (because that is where I am). However, feel free to post local deals as well. I often find good deals in the Seattle area Craigslist that I like to share.

• Members

What about creating a new forum in the Classifieds section? Then each item could be posted separately, or in small groups, and this thread won't become a gazillion pages long and difficult to search.

My goal is to keep the top post updated with the best deals that are currently available online. For other posts, I think the forum threading/dating system should be fine in allowing folks to view the latest posts.

However, if it is a really great deal that doesn't fit the criterion of this thread, just go ahead and post a separate thread.

I'm focusing mostly on acoustic guitars, and I wanted to consolidate some of the posts in the acoustic guitar forum, so that is why I've posted this thread here.

• Members

I think this thread is a good idea Galabar. They have a similar thread in the electric guitar forum that's updated every month that's been going on for a couple of years now. It's called the "(MONTH) Great Deals Thread! No Spam!!". Mazi Bee even posted a set of guidelines to keep it focused and from getting out of control. I always felt the acoustic forum should have it's own similar stickied thread.

• Members

I think this thread is a good idea Galabar. They have a similar thread in the electric guitar forum that's updated every month that's been going on for a couple of years now. It's called the "(MONTH) Great Deals Thread! No Spam". Mazi Bee even posted a set of guidelines to keep it focused and from getting out of control. I always felt the acoustic forum should have it's own.

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Do you have any thoughts on some rules that might help keep the thread on track?

• Members

Thanks for the encouragement.
:)

Do you have any thoughts on some rules that might help keep the thread on track?

Check out Mazi Bee's guidelines in the electric guitar forum. Here's a link:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2146669

Basically pretty simple: Just post great deals, blowouts, clearance sales, craig's list sightings. E-bay is fine as long as it's "Buy It Now" and not an auction.

• Members

Local Seattle-area deal on a Takamine C150SR:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/917699007.html

From the seller:

comes with a hard case. it has a minor ding/scratch, yes. does not affect the sound/productivity of the instrument.

Info from Takamine website:

http://www.takamine.com/?fa=detail&mid=1034&sid=351

I mint condition C132S will usually sell for around $375-$400, so this might be a good deal. In a previous discussion with the Takamine folks, I think they said that the main difference between the C150SR and C132S is that the C150SR has a longer scale length (665 mm compared to 650mm for the C132S).

• Members

My best deal:

Pretty much how I got my GAD JF-48. :thu:

Paid: $499 w/ cool retro-looking case

MF price: $929.99, currently.

A lot of "Factory 2nds" from Guild (GAD and American) are like that...fixed so well that you can't find the blemish! :love:

• Members

BRAND NEW Larrivee L-05 Acoustic Guitar free shipping - Buy It Now US $1,150.00

Actually, this is not a dealer, just someone who bought it, so it is used (warranty can not be transferred). These will usually go for less than $1,150 used (even if they are spotless).

Archived