I must be weird

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

Right now I am going through all my stuff (a lot of it is still packed away in boxes) and seeing what I can combine, what still works, what I want to get rid of, etc. Everything I own save my bed and my dresser I can already fit in my car. And I'm happy that I'm finding stuff that I don't need/want anymore so its less that I have to carry around.

Everyone I know seem to get happier when they get more stuff, not the other way around.

• Members

I think a feeling of relief when unloading possessions is quite common. I'm moving soon, and feel a great weight lifting as I get rid of books I no longer feel I must read, projects I'm OK with not finishing, etc.

That I understand, but right now moving for me would be 10 minutes of packing, 10 minutes of loading the car, the drive, then 20 minutes of unloading and unpacking. And I'm happy that I can get rid of more stuff. I'll keep things if they are useful to me (just threw out a 17 year old radio because it finally stopped working), but I think I might be an anti-hoarder. :D

Archived