O/T For the folks who are in to guns...

baldbloke

• Members

My wife and I both have the 9mm version of
the pistol
. I am looking at replacing mine with the Glock 19 or the S&W M&P 9mm compact with thumb safety.

Which pistol? The S&W Sigma?

I have a G23 and 27 (.40). Love the 23, not really sure why I bought the 27 (I have a Walther PPS in .40 that kicks the 27's butt in terms of ergonomics). I like Glocks in general because they are so simple/functional/minimalist. As a matter of personal preference, I cannot get comfortable with a manual safety.

• Members
{censored}ing Americans and their guns.
:rolleyes:

This has absolutely no place in this forum.

I understand the sentiment, but don't really see the harm so long as it doesn't become political and degenerate into a {censored}-slinging fest. Ultimately, it's no more OT than a beer thread. :idk:

Obviously this is an acoustic git forum, but there are some interesting minds here and occasionally I do like to hear the POV of our AG brethren on matters not strictly guitar-related.

• Members

Yep! Guns, guitars, good food, good beer, going fishing and wimmins. Is there really anything else worth talking about?

Oreos deserve separate mention.

Have you ever seen the way a kid'll eat an Oreo?

Well, to do it, you unscrew it... very fast.

'Cause a kid'll eat the middle of an Oreo first.

And save the chocolate cookie outside for last.

• Members

I had a Ruger Redhawk .41 in my younger days. Sweet gun.

.44's, .41's. You guys are into some big booming pistols. I assumed you'all are some happy, hippy acoustic players, but with that kind of hardware? Bad ass. (I'm a .45ACP in a Colt 1911 shooter myself).

• Members

.44's, .41's. You guys are into some big booming pistols. I assumed you'all are some happy, hippy acoustic players, but with that kind of hardware? Bad ass. (I'm a .45ACP in a Colt 1911 shooter myself).

.45 ACP here, too. Semi-autos are my preference. The .44 Redhawk I gave back was just too big/cumbersome for what it was and, by contrast, much more unwieldy than a semi-auto.

• Members

Unfortunately, we can't un-invent guns. Or, more importantly, human nature. you guys suck...I'll be glad to to be outta here when i die. Since that's the case, i think everyone should, by law, be required to carry a flask of whisky, plenty of tobacco, and a loaded 45 at all times.

Mandatory firearms laws exist ..

"The Swiss army has long been a militia trained and structured to rapidly respond against foreign aggression. Swiss males grow up expecting to undergo basic military training, usually at age 20 in the Rekrutenschule (German for "recruit school"), the initial boot camp, after which Swiss men remain part of the "militia" in reserve capacity until age 30 (age 34 for officers). Each such individual is required to keep his army-issued personal weapon (the 5.56x45mm Sig 550 rifle for enlisted personnel and/or the 9mm SIG-Sauer P220 semi-automatic pistol for officers, medical and postal personnel) at home. Up until October 2007, a specified personal retention quantity of government-issued personal ammunition (50 rounds 5.56 mm / 48 rounds 9mm) was issued as well, which was sealed and inspected regularly to ensure that no unauthorized use had taken place.[4] The ammunition was intended for use while traveling to the army barracks in case of invasion."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

• Members

Guns and guitars. I've done very well over the years buying, selling, trading, collecting both. My sons love the guns, especially the AR15's and the Glocks. I'm partial to Winchester lever rifles and Colt SAA's but I can manage to get by with 9mm, .40, or .45. I just have to figure out how to get them interested in the guitar. They spend all their time in sports and school. These kids today......screwed up priorities. In my day we knew what was important....guitars, guns, girls and grass.

Archived