Promo video of our band

Syyle

• Members

Here is a promotional video we've made. Make sure to watch it in 1080p HD resolution:

[video=youtube;7nL_sR3rCvI]

We found some film students on craigslist who were wanting to beef up their portfolios, so they did this for us pro bono. They only wanted to be involved with the filming...so, no editing help. We ended up giving them some free merchandise and bought them some drinks as "payment".

We did the post editing/production.

We felt it came out pretty well, but we're not really sure what to do with it now...is it worth it to attach this in DVD form with all of our press kits? Do booking agents/management even pop in DVDs?

Also, for a promotional video, we weren't sure how to title it....?

• Moderators

gotta ask...what was the point of the video without actual sound of the band playing? If I'm an agent, and I get this, unsolicited from you, what am I supposed to think? That you look like this but 'little miss muffet' is better than your songs? Sorry...wasted effort...I wouldn't hire you based on this...seriously.

• Members

I think that it's just supposed to capture/rivet a person's attention, nothing more; shock factor and all that. People can get hooked on visuals alone pretty easily, so hopefully the visual attraction of the video will tempt people to check out our website...perhaps the video can pique their curiosity. Thanks for checking it out, daddymack, that was a good constructive critique.

Also, we do use that song/audio in our live performance; it's what we open our shows with. But like you were alluding to, how/why would anyone assume that?...and that's a very, very fair point.

• Members

Interesting video. In terms of capturing attention I think it serves it's purpose. I assume you're an original band and you're interested in creating art... and this qualifies as art. As far as a live representation of your band it's probably not the vehicle for that. I would use this for promo clips to advertise shows to your fanbase (assuming you created the music clip in the video) for bar owners, I'd suggest taking the live footage and putting some of your original tracks over it. Booking agents, and promoters really want to hear the music and see the show.

Archived