Post Photos Of Your Gear Here !

aaaaabb

• Members
Originally posted by Joost

What is your opinion on Taylor and the ES?

I wish I frequented the Taylor forum more often. The couple of times I was there it seemed quite friendly and informative, but I've had a little trouble with getting my account started and just haven't had the time to pursue it. I will get around to eventually though .

I've played several Taylors, though I don't currently own one. Only one that I played - a 410 - was I not too impressed with. I'm not really a big fan of most dreads, so that's probably the main consideration. Others I've played, such as a 614, have left me with some serious nighttime GAS. It was, to me, a wonderfully balanced guitar - maple or no. Overall, their guitars sound consistantly good, IMO.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I tried the ES system on a Taylor PS14ce-L3 (Fall LTD Grafted Walnut back and sides).It is AMAZING!!! Absolutely positively the best system i've ever tried.That's one main reason I want a Taylor.....plus I want a change in sound from my Martin.I have tried the undersaddle pickup on my Martin and it beats it times ten.My undersaddle pickup on my Martin has no knobs so I am using a Mackie EQ on it into my cyber twin and turning the gain down low as well as the trim.I keep it on a Twin Reverb setting and kick the reverb up a notch.It's good, but it is sensitive to feedback but it doesn't hum like the electric Alnico 50's single coils in my strat.All in all, I like my Martin's system, but I think Taylor has the best one out there so far.I don't know much about patent lawsuits, but I don't know if Taylor will be keeping the ES system or not, but if they do, i'm getting a Taylor with an ES system from Jim Winter.So far, I haven't heard anything about Bob Taylor and the Lace Lawsuit, but what part of the system is Taylor taking from lace?~EH

• Members

There is going to be a dedicated outboard amp/Eq from Taylor for the ES. It will allow you to set your EQ using multiband or using a sweepable EQ with variable Q. Also, there's a neat trick in it to choose body form, which means you can make a Grand Auditorium model sound like a dreadnaught! An outboard EQ designed especially for Taylor acoustic guitars! Very cool!

• Members

This is an official release:
"The Taylor Guitars K4 Equalizer is a new outboard electronic equalizer, optimized for extending the tonal capabilities of Taylor's Expression System (ES) pickups. Legendary audio designer, Mr. Rupert Neve, who created the preamplifier used in all ES-equipped guitars, also designed and developed the Taylor Guitars K4 Equalizer.

The K4 Equalizer has low impedance, transformer-coupled balanced inputs and outputs, which connect directly to the balanced output of an ES-equipped guitar. Features include: bass and treble controls, sweepable two-band Parametric midrange control with adjustable "Q", an effects loop with choice of "Pre" or "Post" EQ, phase invert, headphone jack with independent level control, mute feature and a dedicated tuner output. Each Taylor Guitars K4 Equalizer is housed in a compact case, with a wood-trimmed top"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I took some really really good ones with this vivitar this morning but the files are so large that I can't post them.You can't begin to imagine how good this camera makes my guitars look.It actually makes them look better on camera than they look to the human eye.This thing makes so much grain and birdsye show up and makes the finish look so lusterous you can't believe it.It's only 3.3 megapixels and it is $134.00 at Wal-Mart,.....ROFL, I typed Wal-Martin than erased the "in".It's on sale at wal-mart from $157.00.I love this camera.I've been shooting video of my house and sending family pictures to my family all over the country (and all over the world).

• Members
Originally posted by Jekyll2000

I'm a beginner, but very happy with my seagull. I bought the S6 + CW with quantum II electronics. I haven't tried it plugged in yet.

A great guitar for a beginner, I think. One of the few that are affordable that can last a lifetime.

• Members
Originally posted by labjr

This my new baby - a 1996 Collings C-10 Deluxe.

How do you like it so far?

I'm loving it - it's really jacking up my playing time. Feels good, sounds great. I bought it used and it had a lot of playing time from its previous owner, so it is very much "played in." By far the nicest sounding guitar I've ever owned.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...